X-Men: Apocalypse Official Trailer

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Here’s the first trailer for Singer’s next X-Flick. I’m sure the film will be enjoyable, but I think he continues to miss the mark when it comes to the design of the characters.

Upon awakening after thousands of years, he is disillusioned with the world as he finds it and recruits a team of powerful mutants, including a disheartened Magneto (Michael Fassbender), to cleanse mankind and create a new world order, over which he will reign. As the fate of the Earth hangs in the balance, Raven (Jennifer Lawrence) with the help of Professor X (James McAvoy) must lead a team of young X-Men to stop their greatest nemesis and save mankind from complete destruction.

Unfortunately due to the age of key character actors, we're stuck with the young cast for everything now.

No wolverine? and good raven? Huge fail on Storm. the rest is ok I guess

0:29-0:36 - I am so sick of this; complete and total blasphemy against YHVH/Jesus; they just cannot help themselves as they profane themselves continually.

It pains and saddens me to see a country so blessed by God over the centuries to become so debase as Hollywood continues to demonstrate irreverence and/or contempt to Him at every opportunity!

It compels me to think on the following verse:

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Dear Lord, what an ungrateful generation that would tolerate such irreverence... especially in the name of entertainment.

0:29-0:36 - I am so sick of this; complete and total blasphemy against YHVH/Jesus; they just cannot help themselves as they profane themselves continually.

It pains and saddens me to see a country so blessed by God over the centuries to become so debase as Hollywood continues to demonstrate irreverence and/or contempt to Him at every opportunity!

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Dear Lord, what an ungrateful generation that would tolerate such irreverence... especially in the name of entertainment.

Please, go on. Especially about which generation and which one you're from. Also, what you are doing to fix your perceived problem. Just curious.

You cannot expect reverence from unbelievers. Hollywood is the anti-thesis of traditional values. Where have you been?

Looks cheesy and cheap as fuck. Also, less Jennifer Lawrence please...her plain ass face and annoying voice bother me.

Yeah, definitely seems like it'll be disappointing. Let's hope the action scenes are nice.

You do err; freewill is not the problem, the choice we make most certainly can be. Furthermore, humans are not "lowly", but the very express image of God.

You say, "just don't complain when we actually make use of", seriously? How completely illogical is that statement? Do you complain if someone spits on you? Hits a loved one? Keys the side of your vehicle or devalues your home or property?

Exactly what portion of my original statement offends you so that you would respond with such an illogical one?

Looks decent except for the miscasting of Sophie Turner as Jean Grey. Mind, she was great in Game of Thrones, but I just can't see her doing this part justice.

Meh on the Jennifer Laurence playing Raven since Raven's the kind of character that's been bent around plots all over the place.

Does the Marvel tag usually flash on the FOX marvel movies?

Also respectfully, bringing religion into a tech related forum is generally going to get you flamed. I get that its semi-related, just letting you know.

You do err; freewill is not the problem, the choice we make most certainly can be. Furthermore, humans are not "lowly", but the very express image of God.

You say, "just don't complain when we actually make use of", seriously? How completely illogical is that statement? Do you complain if someone spits on you? Hits a loved one? Keys the side of your vehicle or devalues your home or property?

Exactly what portion of my original statement offends you so that you would respond with such an illogical one?

Well that was an exercise of free will so, good for you. ;)

I agree with you, to a point; while I agree they most certainly are, they love money more than they hate God... they will create whatever the public will demonstrate a propensity to consume.

Thus, I petition If the American public would refrain from consuming such debase properties they, for the love of money, would refrain from producing them (not completely due to ideological grounds) and turn towards other more profitable ventures.

Sorry but the 90's X-Men Apocalypse sounded more badass.
hqdefault.jpg

The Apocalypse voice there in the cartoon show sounds too much like Bane from "The Dark Knight Rises" to me. :)

Also respectfully, bringing religion into a tech related forum is generally going to get you flamed. I get that its semi-related, just letting you know.

The trailer brought it in, I merely commented on it. Furthermore and respectfully, that is a fairly pedestrian argument is it not; how relevant is a movie trailer to a "tech related forum"?

No wolverine? and good raven? Huge fail on Storm. the rest is ok I guess

This is a continuation from the last movie. Wolverine was taken to become part of the weapon X project.

His voice is unacceptable. Not nearly menacing enough. Here is what a real Apocalypse sounds like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h21BsZ457sE

Personally if I had to listen to what voice I would walk out of the theater or turn the movie off. I couldn't make it through more than 45 seconds of that video you linked too before turning it off. I don't find that menacing, I found that to be a horrible autotuned voice.

To start with no I don't believe so, however ever since Marvel started up Marvel Studios I have noticed all the movies have started to do that even if not part of the MCU. Amazing Spiderman, Xmen, Fantastic Four and the sort have had Marvel at the start. So I don't know if Marvel just made that request of them, if they now have some extremely small hand in the production or what.

The trailer brought it in, I merely commented on it. Furthermore and respectfully, that is a fairly pedestrian argument is it not; how relevant is a movie trailer to a "tech related forum"?

Well... Tech people normally are into science fiction and / or comics. Don't have to be, but that normally does end up being the case. Sometimes there is no relation between the two, sometimes liking one bring the person into contact with the other and they like both as a result.

Given that this is a comic related movie many people here are probably interested in the topic. Just like I can bet that a lot of people here will be going to see Star Wars this month.

So it is 100% related to the forum and the visitors. As opposed to the other topic you are trying to argue.

If there was even a tiny bit of evidence that there was a god, I'd totally be with you. Instead, we get quotes from a book written by assholes to keep the riff-raff in line.

Cleanse the sanctimonious from the earth with you sharp teeth, Raptor Jesus!

Well that's the one and only trailer I wish to watch of this, they already spoiled enough of the movie for me including Magneto, Storm and Psylock as one of the horsemen? Ugh... Fox just stop, couldn't get Hugh Jackman to play in any more comic movies and you think that just throwing everything at us is what is necessary to replace him.

New Jean & Scott, meh.. just doesn't feel the same. J.Law as J.Law? Um she's Mystique, make her ass (literally and figuratively) blue please.

Overall, looking good for Marvel's next movie anyway you slice it... what is it? Captain America I think? Also the Superman v. Batman flick is coming out too.

Well that's the one and only trailer I wish to watch of this, they already spoiled enough of the movie for me including Magneto, Storm and Psylock as one of the horsemen? Ugh... Fox just stop, couldn't get Hugh Jackman to play in any more comic movies and you think that just throwing everything at us is what is necessary to replace him.

New Jean & Scott, meh.. just doesn't feel the same. J.Law as J.Law? Um she's Mystique, make her ass (literally and figuratively) blue please.

Overall, looking good for Marvel's next movie anyway you slice it... what is it? Captain America I think? Also the Superman v. Batman flick is coming out too.

That is why I have stopped watching trailers for most movies that I care about. Even the new Batman vs Superman trailer from last week or the week before dropped a major spoiler.

That is why I have stopped watching trailers for most movies that I care about. Even the new Batman vs Superman trailer from last week or the week before dropped a major spoiler.

Yeah, I didn't see that trailer... HOWEVER like every fucking site that is any way "general internet news" helped spoil me by actually having the spoiler in the name of the article along with pictures
"Doomsday
in SvB trailer, what do you think" or something similar

You must be new to the internet.... for fuck sake, it's a movie, meant to entertain, and tell a story, just like your little book filled with death, rape, torture, you know... the bible?

You get your god panties in a wad over this or that... but according to all your laws and rules and religious shit, all this is god doing anyway right? I mean he's all powerful and all knowing, and we are all part of his big plan right?

So technically speaking the movie itself is part of gods plan right? And all of us laughing at you and pointing out your flawed logic, still part of his plan right?

There's no point in arguing with you, or people like you, so I'll just laugh. And enjoy the hell out of the movie when it comes out :)

I do hope it will be better than Spectre, I actually paid money to go to the theaters (first time in a long time) and left pretty disappointed.

Man, some people are seriously dicks.

3dPro didn't attack anyone, he just stated his opinion on a movie and it's reference to his, mine, and many others on this forum faith. Then the anti-religion folks swoop down like vultures to carrion and make personal attacks at a guy for expressing a small bit of his faith.

It's funny in life how the bullied become the bullies.

Looks like it should be an interesting movie. Since the Fappening, nobody seems to want to see JLaw anymore. Funny how that works out. Open the present before Christmas and it's just not as exciting as it was being all wrapped up and somewhat mysterious.

3dPro didn't attack anyone, he just stated his opinion on a movie and it's reference to his, mine, and many others on this forum faith. Then the anti-religion folks swoop down like vultures to carrion and make personal attacks at a guy for expressing a small bit of his faith.

Looks like it should be an interesting movie. Since the Fappening, nobody seems to want to see JLaw anymore. Funny how that works out. Open the present before Christmas and it's just not as exciting as it was being all wrapped up and somewhat mysterious.

Much like politics ... religion is best kept to yourself.

The "I'm all these deities" shtick really ruins the whole movie for me regardless if it actually turns out to be good or not .. no Redbox rental from me next year! :p

Gah....it looks like a straight to DVD kind of movie...what the hell? I always liked the X-Men movies but this one seems like it doesn't have the same polish....or maybe we've just gotten used to the way Marvel does it's movies that this just looks cheap now. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

First, if we were made in the image of God, why are there physically imperfect humans? If he made us to the best of his abilities then the flaws in human physiology point to God being imperfect and capable of flaw....sounds awfully human. Which I guess is the point then, if we are to be like Him....then does that mean there are other 'Hims'? Well if that was the case, then that would mean monotheism, a pretty important concept to many major religions, is completely wrong.

Second, free will of all beings is subject to imposition on others free will. If I was going to create something and then punish it for using an ability I've given it, then I am the asshole, not my creation. Hell, I'd at least give my creations something more than a dusty old book thousands of years old as proof of my existence if I wanted them to follow my rules.

Third, this statement, "It pains and saddens me to see a country so blessed by God over the centuries to become so debase as Hollywood continues to demonstrate irreverence and/or contempt to Him at every opportunity!". You can literally replace Hollywood with the name of any other religion and it would fit your idea so, why aren't you attacking all the other religions?

Fourth, I'm sure you're aware, and I'm assuming the religion here, but The Bible has been revised multiple times by humans. So most of what people follow today, are probably pretty far from what the original scripture said. I've seen excerpts from The Old Testament....that's a hateful ass book.

Fifth, The Bible, as well as most other early religious scriptures, were most probably meant to be ways of making people live what we today call a good and decent life. It was the precursor to modern law and now that we have modern law, it needs to be stored away in the annals of history where it belongs.

Sixth, I AM bashing religion, I believe it's an outdated concept that serves very little positive purpose in modern society. HOWEVER, I am not bashing faith, nor do I take an atheistic stance on the subject of God. I understand humanity's need to believe that there is something more after our lives end but I'm not gonna surrender a part of me to some illusionary idea based on the writings of ancient man. It is my faith that there is more after life and it is my faith that, if there is a God, when my life ends and I stand (or float, or glow, or whatever will happen) before It, I will not be punished for living my life the way I deemed proper and that I did my part to make the world better than it was when I entered it.

Finally, you're taking part in a forum based on technology. A field born out of science, a human concept that is totally devoid of God, faith, and belief. You're also taking issue with an industry that's built on storytelling in a nation that values freedom of speech above nearly all else (because without it, you may not get to practice your religion). As these two industries (storytelling and technology) intertwine and advance more, you're going to run into situations that approach ideas about God. If you don't like it, do something to make a change OR stop shouting your opinions at everyone, keep them to yourselves and when you die and meet your maker, you'll have your confirmation that you were right all along.

I'll just keep this simple.

Either provide Hard evidence that God exists and that some how out of the 41,000 religions in the world that Christianities version of him is the one and only or shut the fuck up about it.

Taking bets on him not even knowing enough about religion to know there were that many religions. :rolleyes:

I'll just keep this simple.

Either provide Hard evidence that God exists and that some how out of the 41,000 religions in the world that Christianities version of him is the one and only or shut the fuck up about it.

Taking bets on him not even knowing enough about religion to know there were that many religions. :rolleyes:

Same thing can be asked of you... Provide hard evidence to the contrary.
Thing is, you can't, and neither can he.

You guys aren't alone. I IMd 3D and told him to keep his chin up.

With regard to the movie, I'm doubtful it will be as good as first class. I thought first class was about as good of an xmen movie they can make. If this one gets a rotten tomato score above 60% or so I'll watch it eventually

Back