Twitter Targets Ads At Logged-Out Users

HardOCP News

[H] News
When it comes to stuff like this, I think it is terminology like "monetize logged-out users" that turns people off the most.

Twitter's move is aimed at targeting promoted tweets and videos at the 500 million people who read tweets without having a Twitter account, or who aren't signed in at the time. The promoted tweets and videos will be available on the desktop version of the website on profile pages and "tweet detail" pages.

Hafta add the domain names Twitter owns to my block-y icky stuff list on my router. Gee that list keeps getting bigger-er all the time. :(

I think the most important aspect about all this, is that share priced jumped 7% because of this news... I bet you all those twitter stockholders are tickled pink. Seems like nowadays as long as your stockholders are happy you can pretty much crap all over your customers and workforce, and still have everyone thinking you are the best thing ever because company stocks jumped up 2%.

Meh. Sounds like they're going to do what every other website does. I don't get on twitter much, though if it's on my phone, I'm logged in, but this doesn't bug me.

Back