Did This Australian Man Invent Bitcoin?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wired thinks this guy invented bitcoin. Maybe. Well, a lot of evidence indicates he might have. Maybe he didn't. Who knows?

In the last weeks, WIRED has obtained the strongest evidence yet of Satoshi Nakamoto’s true identity. The signs point to Craig Steven Wright, a man who never even made it onto any Nakamoto hunters’ public list of candidates, yet fits the cryptocurrency creator’s profile in nearly every detail. And despite a massive trove of evidence, we still can’t say with absolute certainty that the mystery is solved.

The evidence shown doesn't necessarily mean he invented Bitcoin, but it does point to him being involved very, very early in it, as in before the white paper came out.

It's certainly a better fit than the last one, but why is everyone so sure the creator of Bitcoin was just one person? It could easily have been a small team. I've given up caring who created Bitcoin, actually my whole interest it in was waned significantly. While it's a neat idea I don't see it lasting that much longer. That doesn't mean that a stronger better-built crypocurrency won't come along at some point. Right now the size of the block chain alone and the need to download the whole thing (anyone who tells you otherwise either doesn't care about security or is trying to rip you off) kinda make it a self-defeating system.

Looking at this guy's LinkedIn page, I can't tell if he's a genius at self-aggrandizement or simply a genius. I have a feeling that if he really did invent Bitcoin, he'd have put it on his resume.

I still have to ask: who the fuck cares who invented Bitcoin, seriously?

And now they raided his house:

http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...raig-wrights-home-raided-by-australian-police

Don't worry though. It's just a coincidence.
The Australian Federal police said in a statement that the raids were not related to the bitcoin claims. “The AFP can confirm it has conducted search warrants to assist the Australian Taxation Office at a residence in Gordon and a business premises in Ryde, Sydney. This matter is unrelated to recent media reporting regarding the digital currency bitcoin.”

Seems like an opportunist to me. Personality doesn't seem to match.
There are a few instances where it looks fabricated.

Either way, the unbelievably conveniently timed raid makes it obvious why Satoshi remained/remains anonymous.

I still have to ask: who the fuck cares who invented Bitcoin, seriously?

It's the general intrigue of it, and the authoritarian desperation to be able to attack individual character since the math can't be refuted. The idea that corruptible governments are truer than math was never going to sell for very long.

I doubt the ATO or AFP will find anything on his computers, he doesn't seem to be the kind of guy stupid enough to leave easy to find information laying around. Though he probably had a decent security setup so they needed direct access to his computers to search them rather than taking the usual back doors.

Couldn't give a fuck less who invented Bitcoin. I will say that whoever did obviously didn't want to be found so I'm skeptical of anyone who wants the world to know that they invented it at this point, which this guy is clearly shooting for.

He's one seriously educated guy though, I'll give him that.

Couldn't give a fuck less who invented Bitcoin. I will say that whoever did obviously didn't want to be found so I'm skeptical of anyone who wants the world to know that they invented it at this point, which this guy is clearly shooting for.

He's one seriously educated guy though, I'll give him that.

Exactly my thoughts. I don't care, and I'm skeptical of someone coming out and wanting the spotlight now. Smart guy, though. :)

If he signs a transaction or uses PGP as proof, I'll take it seriously.

Doesn't it slightly matter who it is due to that person (or those persons) control over that huge cache of BTC? Seeing if/when that hits the market, could cause quite a stir.

Back