Valve Adds Support For Latest Oculus Rift SDK

HardOCP News

[H] News
It's nice to see Valve continue to support the Oculus Rift in its SteamVR updates. It will be interesting to see how this pans out in the future for both Valve and Oculus as both companies get closer to launching their headsets.

Amidst ongoing development of Valve’s SteamVR platform, a recent update has brought support for the latest version of the Oculus Rift SDK and Runtime. Apparently in an effort to ensure continued support for the Oculus Rift through SteamVR, a November 30th update brings the platform in line with the latest version of the Rift SDK and Runtime (v0.8).

Sony is giving VR a strong push on the Playstation platform with quite a sizable list of games including the next Ace Combat and Gran Turismo.

I hope PC will get similar support from the industry in terms of game support. ie. more AAA titles that will encourage people to invest in VR.

I will buy the first VR solution to have a full featured Light Cycle game.

Sony is giving VR a strong push on the Playstation platform with quite a sizable list of games including the next Ace Combat and Gran Turismo.

I hope PC will get similar support from the industry in terms of game support. ie. more AAA titles that will encourage people to invest in VR.

PC's support already exceeds what we will see on the Playstation thanks to user software which makes non-VR games, VR compatible.
Also all VR development is basically being done on PC, since Sony's Morpheus is still playing catch up to something Sony wants a piece of.

When in doubt, assume console is behind the PC market, because it is. If you do not doubt, then open the eyes.

Did you send yourself a "Let me Google that for you" link? :D

Back