Chinese Researchers Unveil Brain Powered Car

HardOCP News

[H] News
A car that is controlled by your brain? I don't want you to start pointing fingers but make a mental list of all the people you wouldn't ride with if they had one of these cars. ;)

"The tester's EEG signals are picked up by this (brain signal-reading) equipment and transmitted wirelessly to the computer. The computer processes the signals to categorize and recognize people's intention, then translates them into control command to the car. The core of the whole flow is to process the EEG signals, which is done on the computer," said Zhang.

I think of myself as having a fairly well controlled mind, but there's no way I'd do this. Even when I'm concentrating on something, as Ray Stantz would put it, "just pops in there..." I could be thinking about avoiding something, and my brain could go on a tangent about "what would happen if I just hit that." What would the car do?

I think of myself as having a fairly well controlled mind, but there's no way I'd do this. Even when I'm concentrating on something, as Ray Stantz would put it, "just pops in there..." I could be thinking about avoiding something, and my brain could go on a tangent about "what would happen if I just hit that." What would the car do?

This right here.

From the article it sounded like you would have to concentrate on what you want the car to do though.. so that may not be an issue.

Still I would not want to use one of these things.

What happens in an emergency situation where you need to steer/brake/whatever very quickly? A lot of the time your subconscious takes care of this and having to concentrate on exactly how much to brake/steer, etc would most likely be disastrous.

Or you see a cute girl and think, "I'd hit that..." and the car does. Not a good way to pickup the ladies. :D

A 2020+ Ferrari would slow down and offer that girl a ride. I am sure she'll be impressed with the way you drive that auto pilot

For a minute, I thought they had found a new fuel source.

There's a difference between "brain powered" and "brain controlled"

A 2020+ Ferrari would slow down and offer that girl a ride. I am sure she'll be impressed with the way you drive that auto pilot

I'm sure it'll be one hell of a ride when her head is in your lap. :D

If this technology was to become the norm, i think we'd all be murderers.

I happen to I think that every driver at one time or another have thought to themselves while driving "hmm.. what would happen if I jerk the wheel this way and (insert thoughts of murder and bodily harm here)".

If this technology was to become the norm, i think we'd all be murderers.

I happen to I think that every driver at one time or another have thought to themselves while driving "hmm.. what would happen if I jerk the wheel this way and (insert thoughts of murder and bodily harm here)".

Bodily harm, property damage, malicious mischief, mail tampering, defacing government property, assault... Yes... I think most people would be locked up after driving one of these just one time. :D

Back