Researchers Discover Pharmaceutical Recipe For Painlessness

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
It appears that we may have found a real alternative to traditional painkillers such as morphine, with none of the bad side effects like dependence.

"Used in combination with Nav1.7 blockers, the dose of opioid needed to prevent pain is very low," explains Professor Wood. "People with non-functioning Nav1.7 produce low levels of opioids throughout their lives without developing tolerance or experiencing unpleasant side-effects. We hope to see our approach tested in human trials by 2017 and we can then start looking into drug combinations to help the millions of chronic pain patients around the world."

yeah you have to ask yourself....is there a reason for the pain. I personally would not keep the pain out, just to remind me of the heartache.

That professor and his team can all die in a fire since they're testing their shit on animals. Fuck this industry, Die in fire, mofos. Die from unbearable pain.

That professor and his team can all die in a fire since they're testing their shit on animals. Fuck this industry, Die in fire, mofos. Die from unbearable pain.

They might start the testing on themselves in that case then.

Easy there PETA.

If you're implying that they're subjecting animals to pain for trials, it's also possible that they're testing animals with existing pain. Like dogs with hip dysplasia and such.

There are tests that are mandated by drug administrations before you are allowed to move to human trials.

Come up with an alternative, it'd be great if they could test their things on a non living organism and get results, but it's very difficult to do that.

I mean it's one thing to use animal testing for shit like "makeup" and other crap that's simply not needed and should be banned completely, but it's another to test potential life saving treatments, there are reasons that they have to use animals before moving to human trials.

Lol you're a moron.

Pain doesn't mean they dipped the tea mice in vats of molten battery acid. A simple prick reflex test is hardly "cruel" in the path to a treatment for millions of humans suffering crippling, "please let me die" sorts of pain.

I have a feeling you'd also bitch about of "human experimentation". So tell us your viable alternative. The problem would be solved if all the bunny huggers would volunteer to be test subjects. Call me crazy, but I just don't see that happening. I also bet that if you were extreme pain, you wouldn't care about those animals nearly as much as you think you would.

If you're implying that they're subjecting animals to pain for trials, it's also possible that they're testing animals with existing pain. Like dogs with hip dysplasia and such.

My dog has pretty bad hip dysplasia. I'd love a med for her to remove all her pain. Right now she's on horse pain meds.

picard_facepalm_bright.jpg

As much as I love animals, Animal testing is a necessary part of the modern pharmaceutical process. Without it, many life-saving compounds could not be accurately tested. There is a reason why any product with "No animal testing" stickers on it are often cosmetic or completely useless, as anything that solves any REAL problem has to be tested on mice before it can be tested on humans.

It is very difficult living with Chronic pain. I did not understand my buddy who broke his back and became addicted to oxycodone. Fast forward and now I live with a damaged neck and irreversible nerve damage in said neck. Suffice to say, I now have a complete understanding of chronic pain. A day does not go by when you are not reminded that you have a permanent injury. Every second of every minute of every hour of every day there is pain. In the neck , occipital nerve, visual anomalies , migraine and shoulder and arm pain.

It has become the new norm. The only positive thing that I can say about it is that I do not fear death for reasons only someone living with this kind of pain could understand. With that said, I press on , too stubborn to give up and today, I have found hope.

I love animals , really I do but it would be disingenuous of me to say that I would not take the "cure" Just wanted to provide some perspective for you. :)

It is very difficult living with Chronic pain. I did not understand my buddy who broke his back and became addicted to oxycodone. Fast forward and now I live with a damaged neck and irreversible nerve damage in said neck. Suffice to say, I now have a complete understanding of chronic pain. A day does not go by when you are not reminded that you have a permanent injury. Every second of every minute of every hour of every day there is pain. In the neck , occipital nerve, visual anomalies , migraine and shoulder and arm pain.

It has become the new norm. The only positive thing that I can say about it is that I do not fear death for reasons only someone living with this kind of pain could understand. With that said, I press on , too stubborn to give up and today, I have found hope.

I love animals , really I do but it would be disingenuous of me to say that I would not take the "cure" Just wanted to provide some perspective for you. :)

Hang in there.

People really don't understand what it is like to chose every day between pills and sanity. I don't have chronic pain, but I understand how people dealing with this are walking every day on the edge.

If a mouse or two or two thousand of the miserable bastards die it is worth it and anyone who can sit in their ivory tower and bitch about it can go fuck themselves.

Hang in there.

People really don't understand what it is like to chose every day between pills and sanity. I don't have chronic pain, but I understand how people dealing with this are walking every day on the edge.

If a mouse or two or two thousand of the miserable bastards die it is worth it and anyone who can sit in their ivory tower and bitch about it can go fuck themselves.

I worked for a bit over a year as a pharm tech. I can't tell you how many times I would see scripts for pain killers like Norco, Percocet, Morphine pills and Fentanyl patches. Some of these people were on Fentanyl patches that will kill most people. My cousin died from complications from being addicted to pain meds after having a major back surgery. Anything that can lessen the dependence of narcotic pain meds is probably a great thing.

I hope you're not a hypocrite and never use anything ever tested on animals then. That basically means you can't consume any processed foods because they all contain additives tested on animals, no medication or surgery of any kind, no clothing made of synthetic fabrics either because they were all tested on pigs, I assume you already don't wear leather or eat meat because that would be pretty stupid too. I've probably missed 9/10s of the products you can't buy.

Look, I don't think you're an idiot, but you can't just get angry about things without thinking things through. Educate yourself before spouting off at everyone.

You sir have won this thread.

I can't wait for this to come out. Full body pain from a medical condition, done. I'm already on enough pain killers that I need to be careful about the pain I can't feel.

I have a feeling you'd also bitch about of "human experimentation". So tell us your viable alternative. The problem would be solved if all the bunny huggers would volunteer to be test subjects. Call me crazy, but I just don't see that happening. I also bet that if you were extreme pain, you wouldn't care about those animals nearly as much as you think you would.

No, I wouldn't bitch about experiments conducted on consenting adults.

And if I were in extreme pain, you can bet your ass I'd be high on morphine/heroin all the fucking time until I die. It's illegal, though. The good guys won't let me do it because it's bad for me. Yeah...

It's funny the stuff WE KNOW works is banned just so that select few can profit unimaginably without paying any legitimate tax.

No, I wouldn't bitch about experiments conducted on consenting adults.

And if I were in extreme pain, you can bet your ass I'd be high on morphine/heroin all the fucking time until I die. It's illegal, though. The good guys won't let me do it because it's bad for me. Yeah...

It's funny the stuff WE KNOW works is banned just so that select few can profit unimaginably without paying any legitimate tax.

what in the fuck are you on about? what exactly is 'illegal'? I sell prescription meds all day for opioids that are orders of magnitude more potent than morphine. (fentanyl, hydromorphone, oxycodone)

As a 29 year old who's enjoyed constant pain for the last 19 years the prospect of being pain free is almost unimaginable. There's lots I'd give to be free of it. If science can provide it will be amazing.

To those here posting about their experiences with pain, and those suffering quietly, I hope this stuff works out the way they think it will.

Back