Final Fantasy VII Remake PSX 2015 Trailer

Whoa. That looks pretty good. Even the combat system looks good but that may take some getting used to after being so used to turn based style.

Combat reminds me of FF13, which I thought was horrible, but then again that whole game was too linear for my liking and the story/background was just too out there for me. Although I still feel FF7 is way overrated, is it a good game, sure, but no way I feel it is "OMG BEST GAME EVER NO COMPARISON!"

Combat reminds me of FF13, which I thought was horrible, but then again that whole game was too linear for my liking and the story/background was just too out there for me. Although I still feel FF7 is way overrated, is it a good game, sure, but no way I feel it is "OMG BEST GAME EVER NO COMPARISON!"

That begs the question. what do you think is the best game ever?

The ATB gauge is there, same as the original FF7, which fills up for Cloud's next turn.

That begs the question. what do you think is the best game ever?

There's no such thing as "best game ever" IMO, my tastes have changed over the years so what I like in a game is different today than it was nearly 20 years ago.

Now as far as best FF game, it would have to be a tie between 6 & 9, 6 was a great game, 9 had the graphics which pushed it over, and more importantly it went back to the 4 party system AND was actually based in a "swords and magic" type of setting as opposed to the rest of the FF games which seem to be some swords & modern technology & magic always in some Dystopian future. I mean that trailer alone kind of shows what I don't like "Hey I'm surrounded by people with machine guns on all sides, let me use my big ass sword!"

Looks good but the turn base combat isnt there and I hope I get used to that. I hate my character all over the place like the FF13

Looks good but the turn base combat isnt there and I hope I get used to that. I hate my character all over the place like the FF13

it looks very similar to FF15 combat system..and graphics too
pretty much reskinned ff15

Am I the only one that sees the the ATB gauge?

How about the...

Attack
Magic
Summon
Items
Defend

Looks turn based to me.

Am I the only one that sees the the ATB gauge?

How about the...

Attack
Magic
Summon
Items
Defend

Looks turn based to me.

doesn't look like ATB gauge to me... if you carefully it builds up when cloud does normal attack (sword swings) then goes down when cloud is moves

I liked everything from the visuals and sound. The combat I'm not sure of. Its enough for me to know I'm buying it no question.

First on Playstation 4? What other platform is it coming out on? PC?

Looks good. I loved the original FF7 (not the best game ever, but damn was it a great game, great story, easy to pick up and play and get sucked into).

Definitely a must buy for me. Gamers have been demanding it for a while, it'll be nice to have it.

First on Playstation 4? What other platform is it coming out on? PC?

Looks good. I loved the original FF7 (not the best game ever, but damn was it a great game, great story, easy to pick up and play and get sucked into).

Definitely a must buy for me. Gamers have been demanding it for a while, it'll be nice to have it.

I'm sure its going to come out on PC and XB1. Its a timed exclusive but no one knows what the duration is.

doesn't look like ATB gauge to me... if you carefully it builds up when cloud does normal attack (sword swings) then goes down when cloud is moves

I did watch it. Looks like ATB gauge to me. It goes red when their turn is up. It would jump up depending on the situation for the original game. That's what the stats were all about.

I'm sure its going to come out on PC and XB1. Its a timed exclusive but no one knows what the duration is.

Cool. I prefer the Xbox One over the PS4 (still bitter about the PS1 and the Sega Saturn). I'll still probably get it for the PS4, though. Multiplayer games are mostly all on the XBone, though.

Nice that it's coming out on multiple platforms, though. I didn't think it would. I always thought it'd be a PS4 exclusive.

At least the combat system is not anything like the FF13 or so it seems like. It does not matter if the combat system is not an exact copy of the original as long as you have full control on the character you choose. Lets face it, the way characters and enemies stand rooted in spot is a bit outdated system. For example the more active system Tales series have faaar surpasses it in excitement without sacrificing the strategy part.

BTW, Barret looks a lot like Blade with those sunglasses. Which is fine in my book. Hell, it would have been awesome if he was voice acted by Wesley Snipes. :)

Cool. I prefer the Xbox One over the PS4 (still bitter about the PS1 and the Sega Saturn). I'll still probably get it for the PS4, though. Multiplayer games are mostly all on the XBone, though.

Nice that it's coming out on multiple platforms, though. I didn't think it would. I always thought it'd be a PS4 exclusive.

Super Smash Bros on WiiU is getting Cloud Strife as a character. Even though FFVII was not on Nintendo systems. Could it be possible that it comes for Wii U as well. Hopefully yes. In case that Squeenix skips PC it would give my WiiU more use. I love FFVII as much as the next person but not enough to buy a whole new system just for one game.

Stopped playing when Cloud became a cross dresser. Though he was kinda useful in Tactics as he would use the girl only ribbon and perfume items.

Super Smash Bros on WiiU is getting Cloud Strife as a character. Even though FFVII was not on Nintendo systems. Could it be possible that it comes for Wii U as well. Hopefully yes. In case that Squeenix skips PC it would give my WiiU more use. I love FFVII as much as the next person but not enough to buy a whole new system just for one game.

I could see it on the NX but doubt the U

Shit frame rate, at least in the video. Hopefully it isn't that bad in actual play.

Oh shoot, I am getting excited so long as it comes for the XB1. Best FF game ever. I still have my PC version of that game sitting on my shelf somewhere.

Rather see ff8 but I'll gladly settle for 7 in meantime. That said, it'd better come to PC. The frame rates in gameplay looked terrible.

I prefer XB1 as well. I have a PS4 but barely use it. I hate the battery life on the controller. Not sure if I'll be able to hold out and wait for it to release on the XB1.

I think MrHappy summed it up best. The combat system as it exists in 7 would likely be clunky in the environment they are clearly creating with the remake. If you decide you really need to play original FFVII, then fire up a copy of the original. I did that recently as a matter of fact. I think for the remake to be a success, they definitely need to change some things. Nostalgia aside, there are some mechanics in that game that have not stood up the test of time and simply aren't good. Quite honestly I have few complaints with what I am seeing so far. It looks Good..Damn good. There are a few things I hope they don't screw up obviously. Things like the materia system, and the Weapon fights to me are critical. If they screw those up, then that dumpsters the game. Most everything else has some flexibility. I was hoping they refined the script a little bit, but going off that trailer they aren't altering it in the least. Which is both good and bad I suppose. The good is it doesn't lend to any modern PC changes that clearly don't belong. The bad is there is some pretty terrible translation that happened originally in some spots.

Any alluding to the release date here? Is this a 2018 type of thing.

I'll be honest, as long as there are summons and Limit Breaks I'll be happy enough. The old school turn based combat was great in the 90s but if I'm completely honest it's not that engaging.

I'll be honest, as long as there are summons and Limit Breaks I'll be happy enough. The old school turn based combat was great in the 90s but if I'm completely honest it's not that engaging.

Turnbased is what makes the genre.

Changing it is just changing the genre to an action game.

I don't know how less engaging the FF games can become.. FF XIII was like, click a button, watch the game play itself... If you need to heal, click a button to change to heal mode.

This just looks like it'll be "control 1 character" with the computer controlling the rest of your party. I'd rather they just remove the party dynamic and just make it another single character action game. Final Fantasy VII -- The Modern Console Buttonmasher.

Turnbased is what makes the genre.

Changing it is just changing the genre to an action game.

I don't know how less engaging the FF games can become.. FF XIII was like, click a button, watch the game play itself... If you need to heal, click a button to change to heal mode.

This just looks like it'll be "control 1 character" with the computer controlling the rest of your party. I'd rather they just remove the party dynamic and just make it another single character action game. Final Fantasy VII -- The Modern Console Buttonmasher.

FF7 was easy as fuck and most battles just involve you instagibbing the entire field in one attack

The battle system really wasn't that interesting...

Let-down status: Achieved

yep. this looks very sub par. the animation is stiff, it just doesn't seem to play very smoothly. the characters.. kind of iffy. it all just looks very generic. I think they put a lot more effort into FF XV compared to this. I hope I'm wrong but this just looks like a weak remake to get some quick cash.

Let-down status: Achieved

Depends on who you ask.

Fans of the original game may be disappointed by the new combat system, but the newer fans would probably favor this new approach.

The old turn base system of having characters waiting around for ATB bar to charge isn't as appealing today where many prefer a more action oriented gameplay.

Damn.... Starting the hype train early.

Looks good. I'll buy it in 2017. Just going to wait until it's on sale. Hype will die down by then...

Yes and no. I think this was a good idea to show fans an idea of what to expect. Because after E3 I wasn't sure exactly how or what it would look and play. I'm not on the fence anymore after watching this trailer I'm no doubt getting it.

Well I thought FF7 Advent Children was one of the best animated movies of all time, so your saying they are making an FF7 Advent Children Prequel The Game? Sounds good to me :)

FF7 the game soundtrack. Meh...8 bit.
FF7 Advent Children soundtrack. Stunning.

Plus I'm a fan of turn based. One of the last great RPG's I played was Eternal Sonata on PS3. The Japanese know how to make a turn based game....it's their thing.

Back