Fans Boo Konami For Banning Hideo Kojima From The Game Awards 2015

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
At least Jack Bauer was allowed to show up and accept the award instead.

"Mr. Kojima had every intention of being here with us tonight, but unfortunately he was informed by a lawyer representing Konami, just recently, that he would not be allowed to travel to tonight's awards ceremony to accept any awards," Keighley told the award ceremony's crowd.

kqZ9vNq.jpg

I love what Hideo has done and it's garbage that he wasn't allowed in, but MGS5, while one of the best games I have ever played, is one of the weakest MGS games I have ever played in terms of STORY.

I'm not a big Hideo fan, though I think MGS5 is fun and I loved Twin Snake.

But this really was a bunch of bull shit. But you know what, it's fine. With Hideo out and Igarashi long gone, I don't have anything from them that I might care about.

No clue what this insane power struggle was there, even among all the articles over the past few months, it all just feels like someone is just beyond butt hurt for being made a lot of money by the other person...

I love what Hideo has done and it's garbage that he wasn't allowed in, but MGS5, while one of the best games I have ever played, is one of the weakest MGS games I have ever played in terms of STORY.

I've read, but no idea if it is true, there was rumor that there was suppose to be a lot more to MGS5, but they were forced to cut it shorter than intended.

Fuck Konami. I don't really care what happened, for them to be this petty is ridiculous. They used to be such a great company, too. Shame, they're now on my "do not buy" list.

Hideo couldn't stay on budget and decided he was going to spend until the game was perfect. I applaud him, but also understand the business side of this.

I recently was hired by a company where we wiped current management team as they were, to be nice, under performing. I wouldn't want any of them to be representative of the company for any reason...

Back