RadioShack Hires Nick Cannon As Chief Creative Officer

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
For me, the real news is that RadioShack still exists.

The "Drumline" star will help develop products that will be exclusive to RadioShack and help revitalize the store's image. He'll also help curate of the stores' music selection and organize performances and events. RadioShack said Cannon will also play a role in developing its educational and S.T.E.M. products. The line consists of items meant to foster learning in science, technology, engineering and math. In February, RadioShack declared bankruptcy and started to close thousands of its stores. Most of those that remain open now share space with Sprint (S).

Huh - well there's something you don't see everyday. I never imagined Nick Cannon being the Chief Officer of anything to be honest...

Intel got that other guy (Will.I.Am), so why not?

Not that it will help. Radio Shack is just a cell phone kiosk anymore. Very rarely do I find one with actual electronic components anymore (which isn't a sustainable market, anyway. Not many people would buy them even if they were fully stocked). Radio Shack is just a cool store from the past that's overlived it's usefulness.

Huh - well there's something you don't see everyday. I never imagined Nick Cannon being the Chief Officer of anything to be honest...

Well, it's not like it's not a title created specifically for him. You can make a Chief Janitorial Services in your company if you feel like it.

Intel got that other guy (Will.I.Am), so why not?

Not that it will help. Radio Shack is just a cell phone kiosk anymore. Very rarely do I find one with actual electronic components anymore (which isn't a sustainable market, anyway. Not many people would buy them even if they were fully stocked). Radio Shack is just a cool store from the past that's overlived it's usefulness.
Thanks for the contribution! Now it is story canon (pun points?) in my head that RadioShack wanted Will.I.Am, but since Intel already used him, they went with Nick Cannon. ActualFacts (TM). :D

I liked RadioShack for what it was. I'm not sure which happened but it seemed that hobbyists moved on, the amount of hobbyists shrunk, or it's hard to build a store around hobbyists. RadioShack tried to move on. It's hard to compare RadioShack to someone like a Microcenter or a Frys with RadioShack being meaningful competition. Also Amazon.

He couldn't handle being the Chief Officer of Mariah Carey. How's he gonna pull that off with Radio Shack?:eek:

uKZCEB3.gif

He couldn't handle being the Chief Officer of Mariah Carey. How's he gonna pull that off with Radio Shack?:eek:

LOL.. I doubt radio shack has the attitude Mariah carey has. Shes hot, rich and full of assitude.

Are they paying him in old radio parts and speaker wire or something? I thought that they went under.

Maybe they sold off enough of their locations to turn things around. Didn't they sell the lot of them to Sprint, Verizon or someone else?

Are they paying him in old radio parts and speaker wire or something? I thought that they went under.

Maybe they sold off enough of their locations to turn things around. Didn't they sell the lot of them to Sprint, Verizon or someone else?

There is one down the street from me. I think it is pretty much a Sprint Store now.

Six years ago I absolutely had to have a 9-pin serial cable with two female ends or some such thing on a weekend. The only place I could find it was Radio Shack. They charged $20. Bleah.

Six years ago I absolutely had to have a 9-pin serial cable with two female ends or some such thing on a weekend. The only place I could find it was Radio Shack. They charged $20. Bleah.

I ran into the same thing needing TIM in Manhattan and they had it. It was nice having a store where they sold most of this stuff. The price wasn't great, but I didn't have time to wait. I'm gonna miss "the shack". Fuck nick cannon though. Wasn't he a Disney star or something?

Back