FBI, Microsoft Help Take Down Massive Global Botnet

HardOCP News

[H] News
Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when Microsoft comes for you. That song will be stuck in your head the rest of the day. ;)

Known as Dorkbot (not to be confused with the electronic art collective of the same name), the botnet is created by infecting computers with malware which then lets hackers use them for a variety of nefarious activities like sending spam or stealing personal info -- login info for sites like Facebook, Netflix, Gmail, Paypal and Twitter were particularly targeted.

Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when Microsoft comes for you. That song will be stuck in your head the rest of the day. ;)

Known as Dorkbot (not to be confused with the electronic art collective of the same name), the botnet is created by infecting computers with malware which then lets hackers use them for a variety of nefarious activities like sending spam or stealing personal info -- login info for sites like Facebook, Netflix, Gmail, Paypal and Twitter were particularly targeted.

Kudos to Microsoft. I am a firm believer that those who create things like this need to be drawn and quartered.

I thought my computer was running a lil better recently!

Kudos to Microsoft. I am a firm believer that those who create things like this need to be drawn and quartered.

I kind of feel the same way, but have a huge respect for the intelligence and ingenuity it takes to implement something like this (even if it is misguided).

Damn you steve :D:D

Back