NVIDIA Working On GeForce 860M Hotfix

HardOCP News

[H] News
It would seem that GeForce 860M owners, after months of complaining, are finally be getting a hotfix driver. This is the post from the GeForce forums addressing the issue:

Just a quick update. We believe we have identified the root cause and are in the process of creating a hotfix driver. As soon as the hotfix driver is available for download, we will make an announcement on this forum.

Took them long enough. I swear this company moves at the speed of an Everest glacier...

Does anyone know if this affects the 960M as well? I know it's very similar and possibly the same chip. I'm thinking of buying a laptop with a 960M.

Does anyone know if this affects the 960M as well? I know it's very similar and possibly the same chip. I'm thinking of buying a laptop with a 960M.
There are 960 users complaining there too so maybe, IDK it's considered a mainstream card so should be fairly popular IDK why it's taken them so long to fix it. A bit of a kick in the balls, i see alot of people have RMAed their laptops and allsorts too.

As the owner of a Y50-70, this driver is long overdue. The laptop runs a strange hybrid Intel/nVidia setup where even if the 860M is driving graphics it still runs through the Intel chipset as well.

There are 960 users complaining there too so maybe, IDK it's considered a mainstream card so should be fairly popular IDK why it's taken them so long to fix it. A bit of a kick in the balls, i see alot of people have RMAed their laptops and allsorts too.

Just goddamn awesome. Maybe I'll hold off a month and see.

now when the heck are they gonna sort out drivers for 880m in sli

sounds like the same crap hp did with intel/amd switchable graphics. Just do away with the intel side If you buy a laptop with nvidia you don't F%%^ care about integrated anyway.....

Back