DOOM MP Closed Alpha Coming Thursday

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks as though id Software has updated the DOOM FAQ with a date for the multiplayer closed alpha.

• When is the DOOM® MP Closed Alpha?
  • Start: Thursday, December 3, 2015 @ 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC - 5)
  • Burst test: Saturday, December 5, 2015 @ 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC - 5)
  • End: Sunday, December 6, 2015 @ 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC - 5)

Closed Alpha participants will be chosen from the people who have redeemed their DOOM Beta codes included with some physical retail copies of Wolfenstein: The New Order, and to those who pre-purchased or purchased the game digitally through May 26, 2014.

Remember with QTest and Q3Test anyone could download it and play it and anyone could run a server. Now you have to pre-order Wolfenstein just for a chance of playing the alpha.

Oh well, Doom will probably be crap anyway.

Remember with QTest and Q3Test anyone could download it and play it and anyone could run a server. Now you have to pre-order Wolfenstein just for a chance of playing the alpha.

Marketing has become the big department, rather than actually making the game. They need to market any game, even the shitty ones. Less focus (and money) is spent on the actual game and more is put into marketing. Some games come out great, others come out like shit. But, they have a huge marketing budget that is sometimes a lot more than the actual development costs.

You want a lot of interest? Give it to everyone. None of that "Pre-order to get access to the beta". If it's a good beta, I might buy it. Otherwise, I'll wait for reviews after it's released. No pre-order's for a lot of people, so the beta is one way to get into people's heads to show it's a good game. Restricting the beta is just alienating more people.

Because fuck the halo shield regen gimmick that's become a staple of just about every fps.

this. I hate it. Drill someone and they hide for a few seconds then come back around and kill you. I usually play on HC modes if possible, but would really love location specific damage and bleedouts.

I'm still waiting for the first person shooter that doesn't take $10 and 10 min for cheaters to start appearing on every other server.

I'll just wait for the GOTY edition; that way I'll get all the DLC.

If it has microtransactions, or an in-game store, I'll be playing something else.

No Demo = No Preorder.

Given the BS around companies delivering games totally different than the demoed/trailered game, it's probably not safe to preorder even With a demo.

After the whole Gamespy thing, if it doesn't have a dedicated server option on day one, I won't bother with it at all.

Back