AMD Crimson Drivers Overdrive

macristina

n00b
Hi people, boys and girls.

Here I'm again asking for help, and this time are related to the new AMD drivers, it's there a way to disable Overdrive in the Radeon Settings? before named Catalyst Control Center. I don't know if its a bug or a true issue but every-time I turn on my machine this thing keep getting overriding my GPU fan profile to manual fixed 30%, everyday I have to go to Radeon Settings and then put the fan on auto to let my GPU work as intended because it even override my custom fan curve in MSI afterburner.

What are my options? return to old Catalyst drivers? or is there a way to disable AMD overdrive?.

TYIA.

disable overdrive and only use afterburner. see if that helps. I'm not having any of the fan issues ppl are reporting. I'm using the crimson drivers on my 280x and use only AB.

which gpu do you use?

R9 280X

disable overdrive and only use afterburner. see if that helps. I'm not having any of the fan issues ppl are reporting. I'm using the crimson drivers on my 280x and use only AB.

I think you don't understand my post, I want to know how to disable Overdrive because it keep restarting to manual fan control and it make overheat badly my GPU, and yes I use MSI afterburner and unless I go to Radeon Settings and enable automatic fan control it keep overriding my Afterburner custom fan profile, its an annoying situation.

i have exact same issue, it even overrides my AB settings due to the radeon settings. no option to turn it off

Back