Just Cause 3 Pre-order $24 @ cdkeys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolling Sarcophagus

Supreme [H]ardness
Just saw this on SD and didn't see it mentioned here yet. Cdkeys.com has Just Cause 3 for ~60% off pre-order after 10% discount cdkeysblack10.
Release date is Dec 1st.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/just-cause-3-pc-cd-key-steam
http://slickdeals.net/f/8323059-just-cause-3-pre-order-pc-digital-download-23-40

Edit 11/29:
Price increased to $27.99, but 10% code still works so $25.19 (orig. $23.39).

Edit 11/30:
10% code is no longer valid, price remains at $27.99.

Edit 11/30 #2:
cdkeyscyber10 for 10% off again.

Edit 12/2:
Price increased to $29.99, both 10% codes dead.

Edit 12/3:
Price increased to $32.99.

Last edited:
Been waiting for this game for 4 years. Glad I waited to pre-order, this price is a steal :)

So it's basically Far Cry but not terrible and on an island?

I'm not sure specifically about this one, but just cause 2 you had a enormous, and I mean fucking gigantic open world to mess around in. The world was super diverse too giving you any type of climate and terrain you could want. The story pretty much sucked but the hours of pure joy running around the open world and causing havoc was more than any game, at least for me. The rag doll physics really set the game apart in terms of enjoyment in my opinion.

Bit. Didn't last time because I couldn't ever get the Facebook Like coupon code. This is way cheaper than anyone is going to sell that Intel voucher for on eBay.

Not that it matters but my friends who work for the industry (most of them at hi rez) has mentioned that developers get little to no money from games purchased at cdkey.

I bought mad max and Witcher three and mentioned it on facebook and the guys gave me a pretty detail account of how they get fucked over in the transaction. Basically it amounts to paid piracy for a third party.

I don't think this will really stop anyone but since these dudes are amazing I just wait for steam sales now.

So dam tempting. I never bought from cdkeys before but I am seriously considering it now. At that price it's almost not worth waiting for it to go on sale for around that price in around 6-10 months from now (maybe sooner if the game tanks).

I bit as well. Thanks OP for expanding my backlog! lol Just couldn't resist at that price!

Every time I try to place an order at CDKeys, I get this error:

There was an error in processing your payment.

Got my code this morning, as well, and preparing now. Should take a few more hours, but I'm still gonna be engrossed in Fallout 4 for a while longer, so really I don't even know why I'm preloading lol

Bit and received code... Sigh... Here comes another 1000 hours of my life i'll never get back lol

I do have to admit, getting an email from them with a hastily-snapped picture of your Steam key has a really skeevy vibe to it. I know it's no fundamentally different than getting an email from GMG with a key attached in text format, but still.

This is also my first purchase from CDKeys.

Last edited:
Anyone know if there's a way to filter the site so it only shows US region keys?

Not that it matters but my friends who work for the industry (most of them at hi rez) has mentioned that developers get little to no money from games purchased at cdkey.

I bought mad max and Witcher three and mentioned it on facebook and the guys gave me a pretty detail account of how they get fucked over in the transaction. Basically it amounts to paid piracy for a third party.

I don't think this will really stop anyone but since these dudes are amazing I just wait for steam sales now.

They basically sell keys that were either included in hardware bundles or were meant for russia and third world countries. The devs, publishers, whatever sell the keys at a discounted rate to those countries and then pass the additional cost on to everyone else. Steam already takes 30% of the revenue from sales so a dev is probably getting even less if you wait for a Steam sale. You'd have to buy a game directly from the devs if you want to fully support them.

Full amount. I got the money in my wallet since there will be a December sale coming up so.

Thanks for the link! Purchased and got a key immediately that activated without issue.

I read somewhere that when buying from cdkeys.com the people who made the games get no $$$, is that true or not?

They basically sell keys that were either included in hardware bundles or were meant for russia and third world countries. The devs, publishers, whatever sell the keys at a discounted rate to those countries and then pass the additional cost on to everyone else. Steam already takes 30% of the revenue from sales so a dev is probably getting even less if you wait for a Steam sale. You'd have to buy a game directly from the devs if you want to fully support them.

Heh, I bought AC Syndicate over the weekend from Cdkeys. They straight up emailed me a picture of an activation code off a redemption voucher.

I read somewhere that when buying from cdkeys.com the people who made the games get no $$$, is that true or not?

They still get money. Sites like cdkeys.com operate by buying keys from regions where games are sold much cheaper as well as buying retail or other "not for resale" keys in bulk (that is why sometimes they will send you a picture of a key off of a voucher or manual). So the studios get significantly less money from those sales than they would if you bought from Steam.

They also got money from me despite me buying from cdkeys.com because I took advantage of the 10% off special on the DLC pack right before it launched on Steam. I honestly don't know why it hasn't dawned on companies to charge $29.99 for the core game in its PC port and another $19-29.99 for the 'Season Pass.'

To play AAA titles on a PC requires you - usually - to invest far more money than you would simply buying a console. Charging less for a PC version to make it more attractive to pick up the Season Pass content makes so much more sense. But then there'd be even less incentive for them to make the port stable, because they're 'getting less for it.'

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :rolleyes:

I honestly don't know why it hasn't dawned on companies to charge $29.99 for the core game in its PC port and another $19-29.99 for the 'Season Pass.'

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :rolleyes:
It's the same dammed if they do or don't for developers. Most buyers only see the buyer side of things. But it costs a lot of money to make a game. If you can't guarantee that a game will sell more than 50% better @ 50% off the regular price, you don't lower the initial price of the game or you will lose money. Not to mention if they dropped the US price to $30 they would have to lower the other region prices the same percentage or people would bitch about that also and you would still buy the other region version and they would make even less money.

To put it simply, You bought the game for $24 here, the most the publisher gets from that sale is 50% or around $12. Similarly if you bought it from Steam direct for $54 the publisher gets about 70% (it's about a 70/30 split) or about $38. After the development costs are recovered from the profits (that's from the $12 and $38 figures adding up in total), then and only then will the developer actually be making royalties from the game. To put that in perspective, IF it costs $50m to make JC3, and they sold 1m copies, and we assume a 50/50 split of $12/$38 buyers, that means they made $6m and $19m respectively or only $25m total. So even with 1m sales they are still losing money.

I purchased Rainbow Six from another company that just sells keys. When they sent me the link with my key they told me to activate on nVIDIA website as though I just purchased a video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back