Acer 4k 28" TN $299.99, LG IPS 2560x1080 $150-$10 MIR = $140

dont touch that 4K screen. I tried it last year and it is fucking terrible. Words can not explain how shit it is. Any TN screen 27 in or larger look like shit. Max size for a TN in my opinion is 17 in. Any larger you actually will see color shift looking dead center. The middle 1/3 of that 28 in is correct but the outer thirds start shifting. The screen is 1. crap. 2. far to large for a TN.

Spend 200 more when Dells 27 in 4K IPS goes on sale. I have it and it is not even comparable. I don't regret sending that POS back and getting my dell one bit.

dont touch that 4K screen. I tried it last year and it is fucking terrible. Words can not explain how shit it is. Any TN screen 27 in or larger look like shit. Max size for a TN in my opinion is 17 in. Any larger you actually will see color shift looking dead center. The middle 1/3 of that 28 in is correct but the outer thirds start shifting. The screen is 1. crap. 2. far to large for a TN.

Spend 200 more when Dells 27 in 4K IPS goes on sale. I have it and it is not even comparable. I don't regret sending that POS back and getting my dell one bit.

Yet my experience it IPS is washed out and grayish. (Yes, the panels were adjusted.) My TN panel, the Samsung 28 inch 4k one, if fantastic and looks great. I do not notice this color shifting you are speaking of.

Maybe you purchased a defective one? I payed $499 back in July for mine so, this is a great deal.

I have both an IPS and TN 27" 1440P monitor in front of me. Each has their pros/cons as does any piece of tech. The IPS does have better black levels, but in a dark room I get some IPS glow. I feel the TN is more fluid and the detail looks more clear. After playing with each for a while I have the TN as my main screen.

Great price on that 2560x1080, but 25" is just a tad too small. 29" is really good for that resolution.

Back