Raspberry Pi Zero: The $5 Computer, Already Sold Out

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I was going to buy one just to put on my desk, but apparently they’re all gone.

The original Raspberry Pi Model B and its successors put a programmable computer within reach of anyone with $20-35 to spend. Since 2012, millions of people have used a Raspberry Pi to get their first experience of programming, but we still meet people for whom cost remains a barrier to entry. At the start of this year, we began work on an even cheaper Raspberry Pi to help these people take the plunge.

Good. I'm hoping they take the success as a sign to bring out a Pi2 version in a similar form factor (higher price).

The compute module was an interesting product, but lacked mass-appeal. This is a similar form factor but serves the maker/prototype community much better.

Good. I'm hoping they take the success as a sign to bring out a Pi2 version in a similar form factor (higher price).

The compute module was an interesting product, but lacked mass-appeal. This is a similar form factor but serves the maker/prototype community much better.

*edit* Although I am disappointed there's no built-in WiFi or Bluetooth. At the very least a USB breakout header would have been nice. USB-to-OTG cables are going to add bulk/ruin the FormFactor. So manual soldering would be required on the OTG port.

Back