Megaupload Programmer Already Freed From U.S. Prison

HardOCP News

[H] News
How funny is this? The guy that cut a deal to testify against Kim Dotcom is already out of jail. Kinda makes you wonder if this will prompt others to take a deal to testify.

Earlier this year Andrus Nomm, one of the Megaupload employees indicted by the United States, was sentenced to a year in prison. Having done a deal with U.S. authorities and testified against Kim Dotcom, just nine months later the Estonian is a now a free man. The true cost to the Megaupload defendants is yet to be revealed.

they gonna arrest Al Gore next for creating the internet too? if there wasn't internet, there wouldn't be pirates!

Sentenced to a year and out in 9 months. Sounds like a typical prison sentence to me. You almost never do the full sentence unless your causing trouble in there.

Why is the programmer even in prison in the first place? That makes no sense to me. That's like arresting the knife maker for knife murders.

Why is the programmer even in prison in the first place? That makes no sense to me. That's like arresting the knife maker for knife murders.

because gov doesnt really want knife makers at all

Yeah, I don't get it. It's not like he programmed it specifically for pirating. He made a file upload site.

You squeeze the little fish till there is barely and life them in them so they squeal on the bigger fish. Law enforcement 101.

It doesn't have to make sense, you go to jail to serve whatever purpose the police state deems useful for them.

I know this is gonna sound naive of me, but how did they justify him going to jail in the first place? Or did they just go, fuck you, go to jail, because we want to, under the patriot act or whatever.

I love when the government's witness has a built in conflict of interest handed to them by the government itself. That sounds fair. /end sarcasm

Back