Three Goldman Bankers Leave For Uber

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like Uber is stocking up on Wall Street Bankers. Any guesses as to what the company is up to?

The bankers are the latest to leave Wall Street banks for Silicon Valley startups, where the lure of more flexible hours - and in some cases stock options and share grants - can be hard to resist. For tech companies, having bankers on staff can help smooth the path to an initial public offering and other capital raisings.

It looks like Uber is stocking up on Wall Street Bankers. Any guesses as to what the company is up to?

The bankers are the latest to leave Wall Street banks for Silicon Valley startups, where the lure of more flexible hours - and in some cases stock options and share grants - can be hard to resist. For tech companies, having bankers on staff can help smooth the path to an initial public offering and other capital raisings.

Maybe Uber wishes to enter into organised crime?

I swear, when I saw the thread title I read it as "Three Goddamn Bankers Leave For Uber" :D

And yeah, knowing my luck I'll probably be the only person that read it that way but whatever, HAPPY THANKSGIVING anyway.

Uber going wants to go the 'too big to fail' route. Who can blame em? With all the lawsuits and such, you need that safety net. :D

I'd assume they can help with the financing/investor side of things and they'll make more money than if they did something similar at Goldman. That said, I don't get why a taxi service is worth so much. I guess I need to try it sometime.

Insider trading, getting off scot free, tax evasion, avoiding jail...I mean the list is pretty substantial.

I'd assume they can help with the financing/investor side of things and they'll make more money than if they did something similar at Goldman. That said, I don't get why a taxi service is worth so much. I guess I need to try it sometime.

Well, considering that Uber's competition is mostly governemnt legalized monopolies, there is a lot of upside for their business. So in a match between government subsidized financial mafia and government approved monopoly, who will win? I will get the popcorn :cool:

eyes half open I read the headline as "Three Goddamn bankers leave for Uber". lul'd.

Uber will become the Johnny Cab service we saw in Total Recall, if you do not see this eventuality, this is not a topic you should speak on.

It looks like Uber is stocking up on Wall Street Bankers. Any guesses as to what the company is up to?[/I]

Preparing for the possibility that Hillary "Wall Street" Clinton gets elected? Maybe UBER would love to have a friend in the oval office in their back pocket?

It worked for the "too big to fail, too big to jail" set.

Back