Steam Autumn Sale Is On

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Just a heads up that Steam’s Exploration Sale is now active. I see that a “highlighted deals” section now takes the place of the daily sales and flash sales slot of previous iterations.

Why is it called the Exploration Sale? Because you can "discover thousands of great deals". Much like a giant baleen whale sifting the ocean for krill. Only in this instance the krill are actually surprisingly affordable games. And the water is the internet. Or Gaben's secret bank account. I might be reading to much into the accompanying promotional image, honestly.

I never bothered with the fallout franchise, so I picked up fallout 3 and new Vegas for 13 bucks... Both are the ultimate or game of the year editions. After I play through them I may get fallout 4 when it goes on sale..

Picked up PreSequel: The Borderslands for $21, ChromaSquad for $9, and Fallout 3: GOTY for $7. It was cheaper than picking up the DLC individually.

I also have placed Wolfenstein on my wishlist. I'm done with the Steam sale.

And, I'm already playing ChromaSquad. Fun game!

6133709_700b.jpg

Picked up PreSequel: The Borderslands for $21, ChromaSquad for $9, and Fallout 3: GOTY for $7. It was cheaper than picking up the DLC individually.

I also have placed Wolfenstein on my wishlist. I'm done with the Steam sale.

And, I'm already playing ChromaSquad. Fun game!

Wolfenstein is 85% off

ro4Qh3F.png

Tell me I'm not the only one that notices this stupid shit. Instead of paying $99.99 for the bundle, it's cheaper to buy the individual products.

Wolfenstein is 85% off
I've noticed.

I've also been really wanting to play The Pre-Sequel for the past year, but did not want to pay full retail price of $60+DLC for what some forum users have stated was seemed like glorified DLC. There are a few good games in my Steam library that also wish to be played as well. Wolfenstein is "looks pretty good, but have no burning desire to play right away", and can wait for a future Steam sale.

Yeah gotta take those percentages off with a grain of salt, Wolfenstein is 85% off ... based on the original price when it came out, there's no way a 1.5 year old game is still selling for full retail, that said $9 ain't half bad.

And Steam is doing it again, showing a GTA V banner then saying 75-80% off, only to click in and have full price "Shark cards" and the rest of the franchise on sale for super cheap. And yeah I realize it's 35% but not through that link. I might have to pick it up for that price too.

Back