Mysterious Cargo Operation In Ohio Might Belong To Amazon

HardOCP News

[H] News
As long as my packages get here in two days, I wouldn't care if Amazon was operating a base out of Guantanamo. :D

In 2008, DHL abandoned its domestic shipping operations in the United States, putting thousands of employees out of work and leaving behind a very nice air cargo facility at a decommissioned air base in Ohio. A company started using the base recently, shipping unspecified “consumer goods,” but no one will identify who it is. One likely suspect is Amazon.

59599408.jpg

Considering that Amazon is building 3 data centers and two distribution centers in the Columbus area, it wouldn't surprise me.

Wilmington. Used to be the national sort hub for Airborne Express before DHL bought them. MacMall and PCMall warehouses were, for all practical purposes, onsite. Nearly everything that they shipped with Airborne was delivered next day. Having witnessed the nightly sort on a couple of occasions, it seems a small miracle that anything makes through the pipeline w/o being destroyed.

I live 10 miles from Wilmington. I'll see what I can find out. My amazon stuff get here pretty fast I can tell you that....

Back