Apple Boss Says Finding Music Online Is Too 'Difficult' For Women

HardOCP News

[H] News
I know I shouldn't laugh but damn, who would say something this stupid on national TV?

“I’ve always known that women find it very difficult at times—some women—to find music,” he explained. “And this helps makes it easier with playlists curated by real people. I just thought of a problem, you know, girls sitting around talking about boys, right, or complaining about boys when they’re heartbroken or whatever. They need music for that, right? So it’s hard to find the right music. Not everyone has the right list or knows a DJ or something.”

LMAO, what a tool.He didn't stop there... he went for it.

“I just thought of a problem, you know, girls sitting around talking about boys, right, or complaining about boys when they’re heartbroken or whatever.

"They need music for that, right? So it’s hard to find the right music. Not everyone has the right list or knows a DJ or something.”

SOMEBODY didn't stick to the script.

Who's the Marketing VP who should've run in frantically trying to save this train wreck of an interview?

I'm surprised he went there with the current climate of the regressive left in the world. People will tear you apart on Twitter and ruin your career for something that was received in a way the person didn't intend, sometimes for something as small as using a single "wrong" word.

And this guy just goes right at it and doesn't stop. In before online petitioning campaign that leads to Apple creating a $50 million diversity program to correct the rampant misogyny in the company.

enhanced-buzz-5551-1308162992-8.jpg

I actually listened to what he said on the radio in it's full context. It sounds harmless when you listen to everything he said.
I suppose it triggered the "micro aggression" sensitive crowd. Today's youth are a bunch of whiny cry babies.

I actually listened to what he said on the radio in it's full context. It sounds harmless when you listen to everything he said.
I suppose it triggered the "micro aggression" sensitive crowd. Today's youth are a bunch of whiny cry babies.

Can't disagree.

Oh the mental anguish, curious to see the lawsuits filled from this.

Unfortunately nowadays large corporations need social psychologists & a legal teams to analyze every word and how it can be interpreted. Similar to governments.

Huge waste of money, but I guess it creates work.

BwaHAHAHAHA!

This is what Apple thinks of it's customers.
Are they wrong? A disproportionate amount of Apple customers are female, and they are typically far less technical than your average Android girl. I'd say the Apple boss knows his target demographic very well, which is why they make money hand over fist.

The only misstep here was to let your dumb consumers know that you know they're dumb. ;)

I think this is taken out of context and not worded correctly. I think what he meant to say is that woman are too stupid to operate iTunes.

...jk. I think he meant that people have a hard time putting together a playlists to fit their mood. He's probably talking about the playlist share feature likes it's new, but has been a standard in streaming platforms for years. Typical, take something else, slap your logo on it, and call it magical.

Are they wrong? A disproportionate amount of Apple customers are female, and they are typically far less technical than your average Android girl. I'd say the Apple boss knows his target demographic very well, which is why they make money hand over fist.

The only misstep here was to let your dumb consumers know that you know they're dumb. ;)

Do you have a statistical source for the gender and technical knowledge disparity between Android and IOS? How disproportionate is it? The only thing I could find was something akin to IOS Female users outnumbering the Males by about 10%.

I listened and read it and in both contexts he said nothing to the effect that women are to dumb to find music, but rather woman, given a particular situation (aka talking about boys, which is a stupid thing to say to begin with) sometimes can't find the right music to go with how their feeling, so this service is here to help that.

Now, all the hypersensitive special snowflakes can go back to their safe spaces.

As for me I'm just going to continue my iTunes boycott (7 years and running), I'm not installing an app I hate that forces you to install that Bonjour junk. I don't like the interface either, iTunes is just terrible.

Do you have a statistical source for the gender and technical knowledge disparity between Android and IOS? How disproportionate is it? The only thing I could find was something akin to IOS Female users outnumbering the Males by about 10%.

You don't need stats for this take your average chick and put pc components infront of her she will cry mysoginy, in order for girls to not feel inferior in legos one female feminist teacher banned boys from playing them in her class or how the no boys allowed thing going on.

If it's any consolation ladies, Apple doesn't just think you are dumb. It thinks all its users are dumb. It thinks "S" models are completely innovative and worthy of $799+ and that $100 is justifiable to upgrade from 16GB to 32GB.

I'm a middle age guy and I have a hard time finding new music. I know that playlist generators could way better with all the linking and databases that are out there.

Once you get past the "radio hits", it gets harder. And we have moved past the radio hits...there are hits every where now (radio, youtube, soundcloud, spotify, iTunes, etc.) It's getting hard to sift through all this.

I found these guys just randomly lurking on Youtube one day, they don't even have a Wikipedia page :(

Black Light White Light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFcA1wqWoRw

If it's any consolation ladies, Apple doesn't just think you are dumb. It thinks all its users are dumb. It thinks "S" models are completely innovative and worthy of $799+ and that $100 is justifiable to upgrade from 16GB to 32GB.

I agree those S model price tiers are crazy. What was Samsung thinking?!?

Samsung 6S 32GB $629
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...hone-black-sprint/4372036.p?id=1219627835732&

Samsung S6 64GB $729
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...rint/4426014.p?id=1219651365400&skuId=4426014

Hahahaaa, failed to realize that this quote out of context, knowing that the apple demographic is also the "hipster" or "socially-aware activist" morons... there's gonna be some shit for sure.

Misstep, Tim. Do better with screwing the fucktards, mkay?

Back