Newegg Z170/6700k Bundle Deal - Error

northfaceseen

Limp Gawd
Hey Guys,

Not sure how to classify this as a deal or a mix up by Newegg. Basically go to any Z170 motherboard and select build option 1, you will notice that it is defaulting to a 6700k as the cheapest option.

Edit seems the 6700K was removed, however the 6600K is still a decent deal.

Northfaceseen

Last edited:
So where do we do build options?

edit: n/m I see it, although it's showing a 6600K not 6700K at least for the first Asrock one I clicked on. $411.78, not bad I guess, $109 for the mobo, 269 for the cpu, $42 for memory $80 for the SSD like $90 savings, not bad but not exactly $300 off.

It is funny though the i3-6100 is a +$175 upcharge ... I full expect any orders will be cancelled though.

Last edited:
Go to a Z170 motherboard of your choice and an there should be an option for "Buying Option 1" to the slightly lower right of the item pictures. It says Buy your Motherboard, CPU, Memory and SSD together.

I will try to figure out to post a picture.

Crap....I was able to buy a ASUS Z170, 6700K, 8 GB of Corsair 2133mhz DDR-4, and 850 EVO 500GB. I was hoping to get you guys a great deal.

Last edited:
Here is my order
MB ASUS | MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT RTL Configurator
Item #: N82E16813701300
1 × ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT LGA 1151 Intel Z170 Intel USB 3.1 USB 3.0 U.2 Mini ITX Intel Gaming Motherboard
1 × Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 95W BX80662I76700K Desktop Processor Intel® HD Graphics 530
2 × Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Desktop Memory Model BLS8G4D240FSA
1 × Mushkin Enhanced ECO2 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MKNSSDEC240GB

All for 524.76 shipped lol!

EDIT: Thanks for not putting this deal up on SD. Then they would REALLY cancel the orders.

Update 11/24/2015: Looks like my items shipped. Hopefully other people were able to get in as well.

Last edited:
Don't think the "deal is dead" if you look at the pricing upgrades for the CPUs the value of the CPUs are all in reverse order. But yeah I think the 6700K is off the table, not too bad for a 6600K though.

Mine just got voided... because something is "not in stock"

Kinda BS. I wish they would just say it was a mistake.

I agree Sage2k, if they made a mistake they should as a company stand behind it and honor it.

Honor a mistake? Or they could say "whoops, sorry it was a mistake, and we apologize for the inconvenience to all our customers who knew it was a mistake but wanted to try and cash in on our mistakes anyways"

Maybe enough people got wind of this and bought out the stock.;)

jime

Yeah especially if it was posted to SlickDeals

I searched Slick Deals and couldn't find anything so hopefully some of us are still okay.

Also, Newegg is very good at honoring mistakes. I was able to have them price-match a 59 inch Plasma with white glove delivery for $999 from Amazon's own price mistake about 4ish years ago. The TV was price around 1700 everywhere else.

Well here's hoping you guys get what you ordered. I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a 6600K deal, but it's barely squeaking out a deal, one of which might be available on BF/CM

yeah 6600k isn't enough of an upgrade. If you could still get the I7, I'd probably be in.

Well 6600k is enough of an upgrade for me, it's just a matter of me leaning on the fence of 4th gen core i5/i7 setup being $100 cheaper and of course also leaning on the fence of them cancelling the order, and me having passed up other deals waiting for it.

Dang, dead deal. Had a combo in my cart, but took my time contemplating on buying on Newegg vs Microcenter....Now showing OOS

I somehow got the build options to show up once but it had some non-K CPU. Now it's not showing up again lol

They probably got wise to it when the orders started flooding in

Back