NVIDIA Receives Perfect Score on Key Workplace Equality Index

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA is committed to creating a workplace that leads our industry in equality, diversity and inclusiveness. So, it’s gratifying to see our work recognized by an important U.S. benchmark survey on LGBT workplace practices. Our recent perfect score of 100 on the 2016 Corporate Equality Index results from a series of efforts that raised our rating from 75 just a year ago. Our work in the area of fairness around LGBT issues is part of our larger focus on making NVIDIA an even greater place to work. Earlier this month, for example, we expanded our parental leave benefits in the United States up to 30 weeks for birth mothers and 20 weeks for fathers and those adopting a child or serving as foster parents. These new benefits are among the absolute best in the technology industry.

So you get a 75 if you have no favoritism, and you get a 100 if you actively try to recruit one demographic over another...

Still kudos for leveling out the insurance thing.

Yeah its funny how equality became to mean you have to give a certain group preferences or extra effort.

Here i thought it would mean everyone would just be considered individual humans.:(

Yeah its funny how equality became to mean you have to give a certain group preferences or extra effort.

Here i thought it would mean everyone would just be considered individual humans.:(

You can't just stomp on a group of people for hundreds of years and then say, hey everything's equal now, no hit backs!

You can't just stomp on a group of people for hundreds of years and then say, hey everything's equal now, no hit backs!

And you can't resolve the problem by stomping on people that where not even born when the discrimination happened.

Can anyone tell me where to find some of this "white" privilege I keep hearing about?
I'm tired of working so hard just to keep my head above water.
Wish I had so much free time that I could spend weeks protesting and camping out.

Can anyone tell me where to find some of this "white" privilege I keep hearing about?

You can walk by people at night without them reaching for the mace and or purse, this works with elevators too. Then again that is "them" being racist. You do however get cheaper car insurance if you are in the white section of town :)

And you can't resolve the problem by stomping on people that where not even born when the discrimination happened.

I'm tired of working so hard just to keep my head above water.
Wish I had so much free time that I could spend weeks protesting and camping out.

Try looking at some socio-economic demographics. I'll agree that this does suck for poor white people.

You can walk by people at night without them reaching for the mace and or purse, this works with elevators too. Then again that is "them" being racist. You do however get cheaper car insurance if you are in the white section of town :)

Except I have to worry about becoming the victim of the knock out game, or getting mugged because of my skin color.

As for living in a "white" section of town, I also have the privilege of higher house payments, higher property taxes, and not having my kids qualify for college aid because I worked my tail off so they could live in a safe neighborhood.

This is going to make a bitter segment of the population mad.

Do they have an equal number of child molesters, drug addicts and necrophiliacs? If not, they're not being truly inclusive.
Fuzzy feelings. The opiate of the liberal masses.

Except I have to worry about becoming the victim of the knock out game, or getting mugged because of my skin color.

As for living in a "white" section of town, I also have the privilege of higher house payments, higher property taxes, and not having my kids qualify for college aid because I worked my tail off so they could live in a safe neighborhood.

So you are living in the nice part of town and whining about unfairness of opportunity? ok.

Back