Overwatch Beta Test This Weekend

HardOCP News

[H] News
Blizzard announced today that it will be conducting an invitation-only beta test weekend for Overwatch from Friday through Monday. The company says it will also be opening up the beta to more players for the three day event.

To help us get the most out of this testing phase, we will be flagging accounts for the Beta Test Weekend a little early, during a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, November 19. We encourage all new recruits to use this additional time to download and install the beta client so you can be ready for action once servers come back online. If you're selected to participate in this Beta Test Weekend, you'll see an Install button appear in the Overwatch tab of your Battle.net desktop app as well as an Overwatch Beta license in the YOUR GAME ACCOUNTS section of Battle.net Account Management.

Never got an invite to the last beta but still had an itch to play a PVP shooter so I tried Dirty Bomb. I think I'm like 100 hours in now =/ Pretty good shooter which kind of reminds me of LOL. Different champs you can pick from on a champ rotation basis or you can pay with earned virtual currency or cash if you want to make a character permanent.

Same here (as the post above) with respect to never getting the invite and I signed up for the beta last November when Overwatch was first announced, still disappointed in being left out but that's how it goes sometimes with luck of the draw kind of situations.

I'll keep an eye on the email and my Battle.net account but I'm not holding out anymore hope to get invited. :(

Original sign up here as well, no beta invite.

Not really too upset over it, the game did not turn out to be a MOBA, or have MOBA level metagame.

So, while I am still interested, it is an interest level that is capped for all simplistic run'n'guns a la TF2 clone.

Perfectly fine playing TF2 in Linux, passing on this until they make it playable in Linux.

Back