Could Implantable LEDs Relieve Your Pain?

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are going to have LEDs implanted in your skull, you might as well go all out and install a side window and a couple fans too.

Chronic pain is often tough to understand, much less treat. But a new flexible, implantable electronic device could illuminate why certain parts of your body hurt. And down the road, the system, which features a wirelessly activated light-emitting diode (LED), might even be able to provide pain relief with the flip of a switch.

Interesting... I thought they already had nerve pain blocker implants (though not available for someone like me). I'd take some LED's, a window and a few Dremeled out blowholes if it'd help!

Tens units work, to a point, and have uses, they are not able to be used 24/7 however.

In bad pain the 'block' is to cut the nerves, losing all sensation.

Lidoderm patches help some, if you can afford them and the pain is near the skin - not too deep. Again they can be used 24/7.

McDonalds Guy: "Did you know your right eye is glowing red?"
Customer: "Of cowerse. I'm a Teuwemenator"

Could be fun!

"See that glow in the corner of your eye? That's your career dissipation light. It just went into high gear."

Pointless research on mice.
Article states that Chronic pain isn't well understood but that inst true at all.
Generalizing the subject does not make it easier to understand.
LED lights embedded at the base of the skull directly on the sciatic nerve might relieve pain but only known to cause pain in mice so far.
No shit.

Back