14.5% Of Fallout 4 PC Players Still In Vault 111

I've done this with Project Cars and Mad Max, have them installed, never played, just trying to pry myself away from GTA V and Rocket League, it hasn't been easy lol.

im actually surprised it isnt a higher amount. I'd figure thered be a good number who'd pick it up but not really have time to play yet (like me)

Don't know the truth to this but stuff is floating around that that achievement is bugged. :(

Count me among that 14.5%. Got FO4 for $35 with some old GMG account credits that were about to expire. Installed the game, but haven't opened it, yet.

I left the vault 3 times before I settled on a build I liked ... that should count for something :D

I left the vault 3 times before I settled on a build I liked ... that should count for something :D

same. ironically, i settled on a V for Vendetta build. bombs and blades on a sneak/ninja build. it's actually highly effective and quite fun. you do have to slightly break the design and shoot sometimes, but i was able to drop a Deathclaw that never saw me by laying mines and throwing grenades while hidden the entire time - at something like level 12 on "very hard."

as far as the 14.5%, i was probably in that stat after loading it up on crossfire and seeing the morbid performance (and yes i read all of the posts.. using a crysis 3 profile). the latest drivers really helped.

I'm waiting for the frequent crashes, stuttering, and SLI to be fixed.

turned tesselation down to 8x or 16x and godrays off? it was basically a slideshow for me on a pair of 7970/r280 until i did that.

I played for 30 minutes then got stuck in a terminal due to a bug. I'm at the red rocket.

change vertical sync to "controlled by the application" in your video card control panel's fallout4 profile. ... No other change required to get around the terminal bug.

Had a few harmless graphical glitches but otherwise nothing that is affecting gameplay so far.

Pretty much the same. Couple times I thought I was stuck then figured out I had hit the tilde key by mistake. I get sooo excited at times :eek:

Short of that, I do get some slow downs at times. I expect it's a minor memory leak. It would seem that fast travel frees it up.

Other then that I am level 25 and loving it, a hero of the wasteland.

I have yet to run into any problems. I get the achievements I seem to be earning and as for performance not a hiccup in sight.

Is there a part where you can tell who gets stuck in elevators? I have a few hours in the game... overall I'm not that impressed.

I hate the fact I have to quicksave every 5 minutes, or face loosing lots of progress. More than a few time a quest needs me to get in an elevator, and EVERY time it glitches out to where the doors never open and I'm stuck till I reload. Really nice feeling when you figure "well guess I can't do that quest thanks to a bug"

I played for 30 minutes then got stuck in a terminal due to a bug. I'm at the red rocket.

Fram cap your gpu to 100hz or less. I was getting the same problem at 144. For whatever reason it works.

There is a bug with monitors too I had to edit the Ini. file just to use my Swift and open the door at the overseers computer.

Fram cap your gpu to 100hz or less. I was getting the same problem at 144. For whatever reason it works.

You can also switch to windowed/borderless and it fixes that issue. This game has been pretty damn buggy for me using mixed resolution/refresh rate monitors (using a 144hz 1440p swift for the main monitor and a 60hz 900p as a second screen to monitor temps/look stuff up.

I`m afraid to admit it but-
I`v played Fallout 3 (never played the earlier ones) , and just got out of the vault when i lost interest , my lose i guess.

So glad i waited to pick this up, so many people complaining about random crashes, i do not miss that. They almost got me though, but i am forcing myself to play all the humble bundle games in my library. By the time im done, should be able to pick up fallout 10 on steam sale. :D

I loaded the game, played for about 15 mins, got motion sickness, and went back to StarCraft 2. I'm gonna mess with the graphics settings to see if I can fix whatever is making me sick. I'm getting a solid 60 fps, so have no idea.

So glad i waited to pick this up, so many people complaining about random crashes, i do not miss that. They almost got me though, but i am forcing myself to play all the humble bundle games in my library. By the time im done, should be able to pick up fallout 10 on steam sale. :D

Zero random crashes, however my game bugged out and locked me in a room, I had to enable no clip to get through the door to complete the mission.

Overall a pretty good game, about as buggy as Skyrim and the other Fallouts at release.

Zero random crashes, however my game bugged out and locked me in a room, I had to enable no clip to get through the door to complete the mission.

Overall a pretty good game, about as buggy as Skyrim and the other Fallouts at release.

Its strange how some are having little to no issues while others are. So many different configurations to deal with, it amazes me that windows games run at all.

I`m afraid to admit it but-
I`v played Fallout 3 (never played the earlier ones) , and just got out of the vault when i lost interest , my lose i guess.

For the last few titles Bethesda's approach to the character creation systems has been something that most people don't want to experience twiced. Typically it's a great Idea to do a game save just before you exit, just before the games offers you your "last chance" to make character edits.

Now in Fallout 4 this isn't as bad as some of the others before it. Overall the character creation wasn't that tedious and there are some places in game to change hair styles, etc. Still, you can do a save game just before your exit which will save you some headaches.

I haven't seen a single bugged elevator. I bet someone can figure out what the deal is soon enough.

I've had 1 crash in about 40+ hours of gameplay and got 2 game breaking bugs that could only be solved with the console.

One involved one of the quest NPCs I had to kill become invulnerable, like literally took no damage from any source and another was clipped through an object and I had to toggle collision to get out of.

Aside from that my experience has been excellent and definitely my contender for GOTY along with Bloodborne.

Its strange how some are having little to no issues while others are. So many different configurations to deal with, it amazes me that windows games run at all.

Well that is a big part of the problem. Just like this frame rate bug, one guy sees the fix as telling the game to use the desktop's native display settings. Another guy is seeing the exact same problem and he fixed it by lowering his monitor's refresh rate. A third guy is talking about frame capping his processor which actually I have never heard of and I am sure he actually means something else cause there is no such thing.

But it still comes around to different ways to force a display setting change that the game will function properly with and the basic problem is that the game is having trouble with frame rates above 100 FPS. You can let the application manage the frame rate, this is one safe option. Another is set the monitor's refresh rate to 100hz or less, then make sure V-Sync is enabled which tells the video card to sync up with the monitor. Or you can set your desktop displays in the same manner and then set the game to run in windowed mode so the game will use these same display settings.

All three work, all three can be set wrong and cause problems.

I've done this with Project Cars and Mad Max, have them installed, never played, just trying to pry myself away from GTA V and Rocket League, it hasn't been easy lol.

I did this with Arkham Knight. Installed it. Ran the graphics test. Wasn't impressed that I couldn't get real SLI to work, went back to playing Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Funny, I dropped down to 100hz before reading this and indeed it does seem to fix it.

At 100hz you may still have issues.

The game engine is designed to run capped at 60hz. The physics and timing calculations depend on it. When it goes higher all kinds of weird shit happens.

For a single player gmae vsyncing it to 60hz (or capping it manually to 60fps) shouldn't be an issue, right?

Just like this frame rate bug...

Except it's not really a bug. The engine was designed that way. That's why they don't have a menu option to disable vsync.

The bug would be that they didn't consider all those people who have monitors with >60hz refresh rates, or those who would go into their graphics settings and force vsync off.

It's not an elegant design by any means, but it is what it is. This game is designed for no higher than 60fps.

I've experienced some bugs in F4 but not nearly as many crashes/issues in Fallout 3 -- that game must've CTD over 100 times on me during the 2 years I was frequently playing it (with all the DLCs). But the experience was super groundbreaking for me in 2008. F4 is not nearly as groundbreaking, but offers a considerably more polished experience -- in another 5 years, maybe we can hope for near-Crysis 3 levels of graphical fidelity ;)

Back