What Your Username Says About You

HardOCP News

[H] News
Players with antisocial usernames behaved in an antisocial manner within the game says Dr. |\|05H1+Sh3r10ck of the Common Sense Institute of America.

We find that user names contain two pieces of information that correlate with in-game social behaviour. Both player age (estimated from numerical sequences within name) and the presence of highly anti-social words are correlated with the valences of player/player interactions within the game.

My name extends from not having a legally having a title in the usa and from a videogame origin. Metal combat. Unlocked hard mode but never beat the first boss. It was hard enough unlocking it.

my user name says I made an account in a hurry and never intended to use it here again. However, somehow I'm still here every day years later. Whoops.

This is based off league of legends. That's the most toxic player base out there next to dota 2 and cs. I keep telling my friend try league and just go in without knowing anything just to troll other players.

I don't have anger issues. I just grew up reading and loving Mad magazine...

*looks at own username*
My username says I know my own faults and am willing to laugh at myself. With their criteria of attention grabbing and swear words, they must think I'm anti-social.:rolleyes:

My username/gamertag came from a night 15 years ago playing Half-life deathmatch drunk as hell with my friends. I have used it ever since becuase to this day, it still makes me laugh and think about how fun that night was.

I actually frequently change names across places. I don't know how they'd view me stealing my own car. I suppose I'm a loner because that would be an antisocial action. After all, I'm doing it well enough alone, and I'm not bothering anyone else. If they look at me funny while I'm sneaking out of the condo to do something that's impossible, I'd just give them the weird eye, too. I only started using it very recently though, on a whim. Typically it's been something else.

Well that's not my name in LoL, though. I have a few accounts in there, like Wunderbar, InAmerica, BanditKeith, CardgamesInBikes, TaxiCabDriver, YugiohDMX... most of which are derived from Yugioh Abridged (except two...). I doubt they'd get much out of that kind of list. I also must be one of the only ones that doesn't care about leaving honor or reports for anyone, unless they are truly toxic. I rarely say anything, in fact. If I'm communicating, it's via Skype to my friends while we're all playing. Yet I guess my behavior wouldn't be social on that scale. Honestly this is an interesting Big Data exercise, but it has a huge weakness at the point where they define what is an antisocial name, and what isn't, or for instance where they identify age by a date being present in the name. Who the hell does that? I'm not even sure whether the conclusion they draw is worthwhile...

Hmm. I use machineheadx51 (powerman 5k song), SidVicious and Mugato or MugatoPdub (Zoolander and EQ2) for almost everything beyond work related stuff. I guess I'm not very imaginative either =(

Now ya'll know my steam and origin names, invite me if you want. I play BF4, Battlefront - On Tuesday - Thief, Sniper Elite 3, Bioshock, Batman: both, Far Cry 3 & 4, DA: I, SWTOR; Witcher 3. Lot's of others. I'm online usually around 9:30pm PST, after the kiddo and wife go to sleep. Unless she doesn't go to sleep...then I might not be online.

BTW, GTX 970m w/ Gsync is AMAZEBALLS!!! The panel OC'd to 100hz, and it's freaking fantastic. I highly suggest it, I mean if you need a laptop, and want a desktop for gaming but only have about 600 for both, dude just get an Asus G751. You will not be disappointed.

Good luck on analyzing my forum username.

Describes how long your ability is to last in bed?

My name doesn't say shit about me. It was some random name I created after watching a video on ship mutiny back in the day (like 10 years back in the day) that I then created some random forum account with that just ended up stick over all these years.

I really find "studies" like this pretty useless. I know people that have used the same user names and emails for 15+ years who are certainly not the people they used to be...for better or worse.

My says I enjoy a show, feel free spirited and hated my old username -.-

I like mine...... wonder what deep hidden truths I have inadvertently shared about myself....

My username says I tend to play FPS games, hence the abbreviated "Slayer" & obviously Ive seen Full Metal Jacket. This was my Gaming handle even before the [H].

"Are those live rounds?" -Private Joker
"762mm, Full Metal Jacket!" -Private Pyle

My username says I tend to play FPS games, hence the abbreviated "Slayer" & obviously Ive seen Full Metal Jacket. This was my Gaming handle even before the [H].

"Are those live rounds?" -Private Joker
"762mm, Full Metal Jacket!" -Private Pyle

Obviously? Maybe you just like AK's and SKS's... It's a nice caliber. :)

My gaming username says I kill people and that I hold onto the past in the form of a clan that stopped existing 15+ years ago.

See sig.

Settled on mine back in the BBS days when Colossus was taken at one of my favorite boards. Guess it stuck.

Mines old and I haven't used it anywhere else in about 10 years. But I can't change it here.

Mines old and I haven't used it anywhere else in about 10 years. But I can't change it here.

Oh, and how I arrived at it:

- (at the time) Goal Mask had a spider on it

- #29 was my ice-hockey number

- #3 was my favorite single digit

My other online name was my past Akita's name...I wonder what the data shows..

So, if someone has an in game name of "analtruder1337" they are prolly antisocial twelve year old dickheads. Yeah, like we did not know that already.

Well apparently I am the guy who is going to use the doomsday device and end the world...

BTW I got my name from when I played Worms years ago and like do to end matches in a draw by killing all of the worms, even my own team.

My first online username came from the movie Con Air, it was on a license plate of this super cool 67 corvette.

Kinda lame really... I thought about changing it, but I had established a long history of good trading @ Ars, and have strong feedback on beerology; so i kept it.

:p

dang = my Vietnamese name
man = what I am.
dang man = What I use to say after every Halo 1 Match. Usually after a loss.

Yes I've had the same user name more or less for 15 years+.

I just used part of the model name of a joystick I had at the time:

Interact SV244 Cyclone 3D Joystick

Mine came from my favorite job..I used to be a HUGE car audio nut, and when my family relocated the summer before my senior year, I was lucky to get a job working @ CircuitCity doing car audio installation..Working in a field you love, making $16 an hour (@ 17 that is alot of money), and those sweeeet at cost discounts for everything in the store..

I had the most awesome boss in the world (he was one of the first installers at the very first CC Roadshop ever opened)..I met some great friends, and it made the whole moving to a whole new area 3.5 hours away from everyone I knew a pretty easy transition..

Back