Raijintek Triton AIO Loop Liquid CPU Cooler (rev.2) Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Raijintek Triton AIO Loop Liquid CPU Cooler (rev.2) Review - Raijintek is a relatively new company and has only been producing products for a couple of years. Raijintek states it focuses on "extreme engineering, remarkable performance, amazing design," and several other things. Does this new Triton 280 AIO cooler hit any of those targets when it comes to cooling your CPU?

Looks like a nice piece of kit. Great review.

Fixed. - Kyle

Very interesting and tempting. So close to the Thermaltake Ultimate 3 at High for such a low price so I assume it beats my current Thermaltake Water 2 extreme . Its noisy but then again I will use headphones when I push it hard so I am very tempted.

Looks like a very intriguing product. Could do with a bit of refining here and there, from the sound of it, but they're definitely going to give players like Corsair and Thermaltake something to think about. I really like the internally lit tubing, and the price point they've chosen is very competitive indeed. It sounds like they've already made some significant improvements to their hardware with this Rev. 2 design. If that trend continues we're going to be seeing a lot more of these guys.

With a kit like the Raijintek Triton, running your system at stock speeds might be considered illegal in parts of the world. Check your local laws. Once we were ‘legally’ compliant we saw just how well the Triton could perform.
I like this Marc fellow :D

As for the Raijintek Triton unit, about time there was another player in the legitimate bang/buck category. If i was in the market for a new 280mm AiO, i'd definitely put some consideration toward this piece.

OTOH, seeing the Tt Ultimate 3.0 not just smashing the charts at both Low/High fan speeds still gets me though. What an underwhelming product.

The pictures look great. Thanks again for putting so much effort and time into creating a great review.

Fixed, thanks. - Kyle

Last edited by a moderator:
I love seeing HardOCP reach out to products of rather unknown companies. Awesome review.

@Kyle

With the Swiftech, and others that say that they are expandable, I always wondered what happens when you add a video card to the loop. Any chance of such a shootout happening in the future?

I've a question so please forgive my ignorance. Where does the noise come from that makes loud? The pump or the fans or both? Because I am currently in the market for a 280 AIO, and im considering this. I mean I can change the fans to the Noctua ones I have sitting here in the boxes if thats the case. Thanks.

I've a question so please forgive my ignorance. Where does the noise come from that makes loud? The pump or the fans or both? Because I am currently in the market for a 280 AIO, and im considering this. I mean I can change the fans to the Noctua ones I have sitting here in the boxes if thats the case. Thanks.

The fans are the issue with noise profile.

well then, it would seem feasible to do so. I just might grab this AIO. Thx Kyle. Im sure I can achieve same if not better results with different fans. This would be overclocking my 3930k in a V21 case with lots of fresh air intake in that beast.

Did you guys review the Triton or the Triton 280 as Raijintek's website indicates the Triton 280 to come with 2x140mm fans which would make sense since it's 280mm. Your review indicates it comes with 2x120mm fans. Newegg also indicates the $80 version to come with 120mm fans and the $120 version comes with 140mm ones. I just want to confirm which is correct. Thanks.

As someone who just had a Corsair H110i GT go bad on me after just two months (pump still spins, no bad noises, pinched lines, nor leaks, just really bad flow) being able to actually see the coolant is highly appealing to me.

Might get one of these to replace my H110i GT, cheaper than how much it would cost me to RMA as
Corsair does not provide Australians with support.

The $79 price point was possibly a sale? The cooler is $95 as of today on newegg,

Back