30+ Eye-Popping Black Friday 2015 Tech Deals

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm not sure about "eye-popping" but there are some pretty good deals listed here. What kind of good deals? There is a 49" Toshiba LED TV for $150.

The Black Friday sales frenzy has started early with pre- and pre-pre-pre sales hitting the market. But here’s a sampling of bargains for shoppers looking for smartphones, tablets, PCs and other computer and network goodies from the likes of Apple, Samsung, HP, Amazon and Dell, and from retailers such as Best Buy, Target and Sam’s Club.

I love how they show the $90 Toshiba Tablet as a $1400 65 inch TV

idiots

Wow; Toshiba 49" 1080P LED TV for $149.
In-store only purchase. So line up with the rest of the idiots for maybe 20 of those that were allotted for that store. Just a ploy to get you in their store; no thanks.

Reminds me when I worked retail electronics many years ago. They ran a labor day special for a $99 Magnavox VCR. We only had 100 to sell. Since that was pretty much half price of retail people were showing up and buying several at a time. We sold out in an hour. We should have had a limited quantity,1 per customer policy. The people that came afterwards were highly pissed and was screaming false advertising.

So line up with the rest of the idiots for maybe 20 of those that were allotted for that store. Just a ploy to get you in their store; no thanks

Well...there's that.

I never got into the whole Black Friday thing, stand in line for days to get a "deal" but hey, millions of people do it every year.

I'll be sure to get the Galaxy Tab A tablet. Nothing better than paying $200+ for a tablet that has the same screen as the first generation iPad and SoC that can be found in $50 phones.

And people say Apples prices are jacked up...Samsung is way worse.

Well...there's that.

I never got into the whole Black Friday thing, stand in line for days to get a "deal" but hey, millions of people do it every year.

I've never done Black Friday either. In fact with the exception of basic necessities; we do almost no shopping locally.

In-store only purchase. So line up with the rest of the idiots for maybe 20 of those that were allotted for that store. Just a ploy to get you in their store; no thanks.

And to be one of the 1st 20, you better line up a couple days before. No thanks, my time is worth more than that.

Mostly so-so deals.

OptiPlex mini tower for $500? That's what I've been paying for the ones I bought for the office this year.

Way too much expensive Apple junk with small discounts.
Just the fact that they are discounting Apple products shows how much they are just becoming another commodity product.

Us old timers remember when black friday was more or less free stuff when you walked in the door or really really cheap add on items and a few deals. BF today is complete shit.

I have gone several times with my wife. It's fun as fuck. I am not in a hurry. I am not looking for anything in particular. I've gotten some of those great deals, though. Just walking by as they put out some cheap iPads or whatever. Yea, sure. I'll buy one for that price. If I don't have any expectations of getting anything, I always come out a winner.

Best part for me - watching people go ape shit over everything. It's some serious business for those people! Pushing, shoving, grabbing shit from other peoples hands (or taking it out of their cart). People are weird. I could sit and watch Black Friday every year and not buy a thing.

I think we're going this year. I want to be that asshole that goes grocery shopping and gets a full cart of shit to hold up a line. :D (Not really, but I did see a few of those... just a normal day for them. Night shift, doing some shopping afterwards).

I would rather pay full price than put up with the kind of people that show up to black Friday sales.

Black Friday is like the best day ever to stay inside with a good book, a cup of cinnamon apple spice tea, and a happy purring kitty. Besides all the crazy stuff with people hurting one another, there's always someone driving really dangerously because they're upset. It's better to just order stuff online like over the summer and have it delivered to you than go out with all those angry people.

Black Friday is like the best day ever to stay inside with a good book, a cup of cinnamon apple spice tea, and a happy purring kitty. Besides all the crazy stuff with people hurting one another, there's always someone driving really dangerously because they're upset. It's better to just order stuff online like over the summer and have it delivered to you than go out with all those angry people.

Agreed. I stay home and browse some deal websites to see if anything comes up that I can just order. The cost savings isn't worth the stress level I experience, and since it is about 50mins to the mall, i dont want the drive either.

You can always do what I have the last few years.

Look at the ads.. find 1-2 things that you want and then go out later in the day and pick them up and not have to deal with any crowds or traffic as all the crazies who got up at 3a.m. are already home in bed.

For Best Buy you can reserve the items ahead of time and then go to the service desk and pick up/pay for them and not have to wait in line at all.

Reminds me when I worked retail electronics many years ago. They ran a labor day special for a $99 Magnavox VCR. We only had 100 to sell. Since that was pretty much half price of retail people were showing up and buying several at a time. We sold out in an hour. We should have had a limited quantity,1 per customer policy. The people that came afterwards were highly pissed and was screaming false advertising.
Yeah, it is a shitty deal but to be fair 100 available isn't HORRIBLE, but yeah should have 1 per customer. Magnavox VCR though... kind of dating yourself :D

And to be one of the 1st 20, you better line up a couple days before. No thanks, my time is worth more than that.
Or just get there right around the time they open and rush the door WalMart style because line? seriously? yeah fuck that, there's no line to get in a store, it's not like *AN* item is for sale, it's a whole store full of shit.

If Best Buy knocked that MacBook Pro down to the $450 the hardware is actually worth I'd consider that an "eye popper" but the measly $150 off, meh, that's not a sale at all but then again Apple hardware never really goes "on sale" anyway. The new 7" Kindle Fire tablet for $15 off the normal $50 price isn't too bad, I just might grab one for shits and giggles.

That Netgear router should drop to like $189 or something to be considered a real deal at this point with so much competition, pass in favor the much favored Linksys AC1900 for $99.95.

Beats headphones, please, unless they go on sale for the $12 they cost to make (that's complete cost, mind you) forget it. I was shopping at a thrift store yesterday and found a brand new - seriously - pair of 1st generation Radio Shack Pro-35 (not 35A, the revised model) headphones from back in 1999-ish for $3 and they make any pair of Beats headphones or earphones sound like utter trash, honestly.

That Samsung Chromebook should be like $100 on Black Friday, it has so much competition at the same level of specs, even $150 is way too high for that one.

I wouldn't classify any of these as eye-poppers, hardly, maybe there's a lukewarm deal in there once or twice but that's it, the rest are pretty much typical holiday sales pricing, nothing to write home about.

A 36 page slideshow? Fuck those motherfuckers, I'm so tired of slideshows arghhhh!

Sorry...rant off. :x

The people that came afterwards were highly pissed and was screaming false advertising.

Uneducated people that don't understand what that means. I explain the concept all the time. It isn't false advertising. They were selling that product for whatever the price was. They just ran out. The advertising didn't say, "Enough supply for everybody."

"Sears - Galaxy Tab 4 (7 inch)"
"This 7-inch Android tablet will be available for the low, low price of $120, which is $60 off the usual price"

No.. just got one of these for a normal/usual price of $149 from Walmart last month..
Like someone said above.. Black Friday bs is just to get people in the stores..

Anyone know anything more about the 27" curved Samsung monitor from Costco for $200? My 30" Dell is getting pretty long in the tooth, but not looking to drop $1k again, wondering how it stacks up for gaming.

there's absolutely nothing there that I want or need for myself or anyone in my family. Computers suck, TV's too small and gadgets that are snooze. We need better tech.

I'm almost 100% confident that there are never any good deals anymore and people just buy shit without checking prices because the hype is real.

Buy tv now for $450
Register at discover card site for 30 day price protection guarantee
take snap shot of BB ad on black friday
get refunded the difference.

This has worked for several years now.

hardmode- leaving the tv in box till the refund shows up just in case.

Yeah, it is a shitty deal but to be fair 100 available isn't HORRIBLE, but yeah should have 1 per customer. Magnavox VCR though... kind of dating yourself :D

Yeah, this was 1992 if I remember. I only worked in their retail store for about a year till I transfer to their service division. But the hand writing was on the wall. The stores closed down; and then they started laying off people in service. Soon I was one of those people.

HardOCP users want real deals. Any 980Ti's going for fiddy dollars on Black Friday?

I am honestly interested in this, if I saw a 980ti break the $700 CAD mark, I would buy

But that seems unlikely, I am unsure if nVidia is really generating much profit on their silicon, so a drop that high is wishful thinking...

Finally something I can agree with (except the tea and kitty). Just not worth it.

Although 2 year ago I did stop by a Target on the way home from Thanksgiving dinner. It as a couple hours after they opened, so I figured there wouldn't be much of a line any more. Found a parking space near the door, and was in & out with the 1 item I wanted with almost no waiting. However this Target was near a relatives house in a more remote area, so I'm sure it was much less crowded than any around my house.

Seriously, FUCK any store that has "black friday" deals on Thanksgiving.

I hate how corporations have shifted toward making the actual Holiday about people buying shit and standing in lines.

I hate how corporations have shifted toward making the actual Holiday about people buying shit and standing in lines.

Yesterday, for Veterans day, you could have gotten 20% off! Just come on in!

Thanksgiving - join in the mob to get some deals on inferior products that we're still making a profit on!

Halloween? Valentines Day? There are others that are just for people buying shit.

Finally something I can agree with (except the tea and kitty).

Tea and a kitty are two of the most important three things to have when hiding inside from scary, crazed deal hunters. ^^ But I guess not everyone likes having a kitty. :p

Well, if these deals are eye popping, Black Friday is officially, finally, completely dead for me. I haven't shopped on Black Friday in years and this year won't be any different. Hopefully cyber Monday doesn't suck this bad too.

Why the fuck do I have to go through 40 pages for something that can fit a couple of pages? Web slideshows can go to hell.

Back