Dell-EMC Deal Threatened By Possible $9B Tax Bill

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm no expert when it comes to mega-mergers like this, but you sure would think that all the big brains at Dell would already have a plan in place in case this happened.

Dell Inc's $67 billion offer to buy data storage company EMC Corp (EMC.N) could be derailed by a tax bill of up to $9 billion, technology news website Re/code reported, citing sources familiar with the matter on Tuesday.

Taxes are for peons; why should corporations pay for the army or navy to protect their trade routes and physical installations overseas?

Dang shame that is probably not what our tax money goes to anyways. :eek::rolleyes:

+1

Our tax money largely goes to fund a corrupt government and into the pockets of lobbyists and welfare recipients (vote buying).

If the government \ politicians were actually was able to \ wanted to fix the same things it claims it \ they has been trying to fix for the past few decades, then stuff would be fixed and they would have to find something else to run on.

And yet, the general population continues to fall for the same lies and promises.

That is why stuff is the way it is.

Oh, and the majority of the media spewing lies and covering up for the government doesn't help one bit either.

The U.S. government is too busy sending money and weapons to Israel. I'm sure Israel will find a way to let Dell keep his 9 billion.

This is like those hot deals posts that you see "Tax kills the deal".

+1 for the lulz :D

But the reality of what will happen is that Dell will simply say "$67 billion we just spent is a 'business expense' as such our net profit for this year is zero, so we don't owe any taxes, buh bye!"

Kind of like how you and I will buy something like a car, and we can write off that purchase since it's used for our well being and not money we're actually saving (sarcasm tag)

Back