NVIDIA GeForce 358.91 WHQL Game Ready Driver For Fallout 4

HardOCP News

[H] News
Attention all you GeForce owners out there! We just noticed that there are links to the new NVIDIA GeForce 358.91 WHQL Game Ready drivers for Fallout 4 (dated today) for Windows 7 / Windows 8.1 x64 and Windows 10 x64, even though they don't show up in the drop down menu on the official website. Get em' while the getting is good and you'll be all set when the game hits.

Downloaded and installed through GFE early this morning. Waiting patiently to try it out on Fallout 4. :D

Driver is now showing up on geforce.com, just nabbed 'em from there.

Glad it finally got put up "proper" on the Nvidia website.

Downloading now and awaiting the Fallout unlock!

:D

Game Ready drivers? More like crash prevention drivers. Please sign up with your email cause you have to cause Nvidia owns you.

Not installing these until someone confirms they don't have G-Sync issues. Seems like every other driver breaks it.

Nvidia driver lottery is real.

Not installing these until someone confirms they don't have G-Sync issues. Seems like every other driver breaks it.

Nvidia driver lottery is real.

i just installed them. i'll tell you in a bit if there are any gsync issues.

Thanks, downloaded and updated. Now I just need to wait for the game to unlock in my region. :eek:

no gsync issues so far. the only game i've played thus far is Fallout 4 :D

this drivers has the same high idle temperature problem on the system in signature than previous 358.87 drivers.
the most recent drivers where I don't have high idle temperature problem is 358.50.

will nvidia make it right next time?

SLI doesn't work on fallout 4.

These drivers cause display driver crashing on my rig. Went back to .50 and crashing stopped. SLI does not function in fallout 4 unless changing the frame rendering options. And that causes worse frame rates than a single card in my rig. Fortunately my rig will run it with one card at 1080 very well

These drivers cause display driver crashing on my rig. Went back to .50 and crashing stopped. SLI does not function in fallout 4 unless changing the frame rendering options. And that causes worse frame rates than a single card in my rig. Fortunately my rig will run it with one card at 1080 very well

I'm tempted to go back also. Been getting TDR crashes and other weird behavior. Then again, what, we can expect drivers for Assassin's Creed next week? :rolleyes:

any Arkham Knight optimizations with these drivers?...does the game run better with these drivers?...anyone tested?

I'm tempted to go back also. Been getting TDR crashes and other weird behavior. Then again, what, we can expect drivers for Assassin's Creed next week? :rolleyes:

Nvidia is used to release driver the same day of the game release.
This is not good since they always push worse driver than before.

I don't know how they can push a driiver like this, no SLI support, high GPU usage when in idle, high idle temperature.

I rolled back to hotfix driver as this one was frequently crashing in Fallout 4 for me. Ridiculous! And people say something about nvidia having good drivers?

I rolled back to hotfix driver as this one was frequently crashing in Fallout 4 for me. Ridiculous! And people say something about nvidia having good drivers?

Generally speaking, they do. Being a special snowflake exception doesn't disprove the rule.

Generally speaking, they do. Being a special snowflake exception doesn't disprove the rule.

Agreed. Nvidia has had a few questionable drivers recently (The Battlefront beta driver breaking G-Sync was BS, and The Witcher 3 driver gave me tons of driver crashing issues), but it's pretty infrequent that I encounter issues, and when they do happen they usually get cleared up quickly.

Agreed. Nvidia has had a few questionable drivers recently (The Battlefront beta driver breaking G-Sync was BS, and The Witcher 3 driver gave me tons of driver crashing issues), but it's pretty infrequent that I encounter issues, and when they do happen they usually get cleared up quickly.

I'm still waiting a decent driver to play Fallout 4 on my SLI setup and I'm hoping to have a decent optimization to let me play at 4K

I'm still waiting a decent driver to play Fallout 4 on my SLI setup and I'm hoping to have a decent optimization to let me play at 4K

You can set SLi DX 11 bits to Batman: Arkham Origins using NVinspector. Seems to work quite well.

I've played it @ 4K in SLI GTX 980 Ti- the textures are just not good enough for 4K IMHO.

I'm sure the high-res texture packs and mods are on the way.

You can set SLi DX 11 bits to Batman: Arkham Origins using NVinspector. Seems to work quite well.

I've played it @ 4K in SLI GTX 980 Ti- the textures are just not good enough for 4K IMHO.

I'm sure the high-res texture packs and mods are on the way.

What is your average framerate with that profile? Do you see constant GPU usage over 90% on both cards?

I agree that at 4K is not the best looking game I have seen but it is not bad at all and far better than 1080P.

What is your average framerate with that profile? Do you see constant GPU usage over 90% on both cards?

I agree that at 4K is not the best looking game I have seen but it is not bad at all and far better than 1080P.

Yeah I can pretty much max out 4K with G-sync and SLi on 60 fps and it's good, There are some rough spots where it dips into the 50s fps. It's a weird game visually. The character models are out of Half-Life- the first half-life lol but it does look decent at times.

Right now I'm playing @ 2K 100hz g-sync maxed smooth as butter. I'm frame-locked @ 100 fps but the SLi load for each card is as good as i've seen for SLi anyway in 4K and 2K...I just started and I haven't seen any physics issues, but from what I've read 90 fps can work.

It's games like this I have a 2K monitor for.

Shhhhh! If you mention anything negative about Nvidia drvers! The black helicopters will come and abduct you and edit your post to read "lolAMDSUXLOLOLOL"

Shhhhh! If you mention anything negative about Nvidia drvers! The black helicopters will come and abduct you and edit your post to read "lolAMDSUXLOLOLOL"

Shut the fuck up!
jesus. why would you do that? What would jesus do?

sadly the newest drivers still give me a crash or two at random intervals on my 980. I reall wish they would fix this already...

sadly the newest drivers still give me a crash or two at random intervals on my 980. I reall wish they would fix this already...

This doesn't happen on my 960 (newer chip than 980 / Tix). I'm gonna swap my TiX back in, and see if the sporadic crashes return.

Yeah I can pretty much max out 4K with G-sync and SLi on 60 fps and it's good, There are some rough spots where it dips into the 50s fps. It's a weird game visually. The character models are out of Half-Life- the first half-life lol but it does look decent at times.

Right now I'm playing @ 2K 100hz g-sync maxed smooth as butter. I'm frame-locked @ 100 fps but the SLi load for each card is as good as i've seen for SLi anyway in 4K and 2K...I just started and I haven't seen any physics issues, but from what I've read 90 fps can work.

It's games like this I have a 2K monitor for.

just bought the game, are you a developer or simply a kid that like to say bullshit on forums?
On a GTX980 Ti the game runs like a crap at 4K even with medium settings.

It rung like a crap even at1080P if maxedout.

just bought the game, are you a developer or simply a kid that like to say bullshit on forums?

i'm guessing you're mixed up and talking about Assassin's Creed Syndicate, like in your post above which you've since edited to just say 'wrong'. don't be so aggressive and quick to name-call. we're all just nerds having fun with video games.

i'm guessing you're mixed up and talking about Assassin's Creed Syndicate, like in your post above which you've since edited to just say 'wrong'. don't be so aggressive and quick to name-call. we're all just nerds having fun with video games.

I mixed up, I ask sorry to all thread, sorry.
I'm really mad that I have spent 1500€ for two GTX980 Ti and I can't even maxout a 5 years old graphics game like fallout at 4K and I have 35FPS dips in AC Syndicate even at 1080P.

No SLI support, very low GPU usage, driver that create weird temperature when in idle, the game market became a mess and it doesn't worth to spend money on it anymore.

I mixed up, I ask sorry to all thread, sorry.
I'm really mad that I have spent 1500€ for two GTX980 Ti and I can't even maxout a 5 years old graphics game like fallout at 4K and I have 35FPS dips in AC Syndicate even at 1080P.

No SLI support, very low GPU usage, driver that create weird temperature when in idle, the game market became a mess and it doesn't worth to spend money on it anymore.

Crawl out through the Fallout, baby!

These screens aren't great action. I could put on my power armor get in a nice fire fight but since I just read these posts while playing the game I figured I'd post what I'm playing now. I can post screens all day in the high 50s maxed with TXAA. So far at least. I'm framelimited @ 59 fps on my 60 hz g-sync 4k monitor and it's damn nice with SLi. I play with the SLi indicator bar on (it doesn't show in the screens) and it's always showing good utilization and g-sync keeps it all nice and smooth. Even with a single 980 Ti, I can rock 4K pretty well so I don't know what this picking at me is about. I don't play AC, but SLi is notoriously not so great with view distance.
Works fine for me in FO4 though.

As for the bugs people are complaining about this is the most stable Fallout I've played. I got about 25 hours in and I CTD once and the companion dog shot up in the air just once, but I was way over 60 fps so... That's a miracle for Bethesda. :p

jtql4y.png

xnsu8g.jpg

2isickz.jpg

1zdvho0.jpg

Back