Official List Of Xbox One Backward Compatibility Games

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks as though that leaked list of Xbox One backwards compatible games we posted this weekend was pretty accurate. Hit the link for the list of initial games and watch the video below to see backwards compatibly in action.

A step in the right direction for them. Still many games on my shelf not in that list yet....

Gah! The one game I wanted was on the leaked list and not on this one. Hopefully next batch it will be in. Really want to play Civ Rev and not have my 360 hooked up.

I wanted Rock Band with all of the instruments and songs from previous editions. Pipe dream I know.

I keep forgetting not everyone has had this feature for the last 3+ months.

Works great.

I wonder how they will handle digital games that I own on 360. Will I be able to download them on the One?

I wonder how they will handle digital games that I own on 360. Will I be able to download them on the One?

So far the games that I had showed up on the far right of my games section (the main area where on the far right all previous purchases are and you can redownload) they showed up with the xbox 360 tag on them and was able to download and play.

Yes. They will just show up in your Games area (you'll have the option to download & install them whenever you want).

This is awesome news, and and if you already own the game, it will work, and you don't have to pay anything extra, which is EXACTLY how this should work.....I wonder wonder if PS4 will be doing anything like this.

Since it is emulation will it play backups of 360 games?

No you can't play your downloaded games.

The system downloads the game to the harddrive after verifying the copy in the drive thus it will require an online connection.

A step in the right direction for them. Still many games on my shelf not in that list yet....
Considering microsoft can't just do every game they want they need the publisher to play along there is the rub.

Not this big of a list, though. Works great here, too. Not a single issue.

Correct, the list wasn't as big. They have been growing it. Which I assume that this also means that if this is when the list grows this is also when people get the new dashboard. I never know when the normal release of that stuff is....

Like others said, if you own a digital copy you just carry it over by downloading it from the ready to install section. If you own a disc copy you just put the disc it, it will download the game and then you put the disc in when you want to play the game for it to verify.

To use the same save file on both your 360 and One, just make sure to save to your cloud storage.

I was hoping Dark Souls would be on the list. Don't care about Dark Souls 2 since a remastered version is available.

I was hoping Dark Souls would be on the list. Don't care about Dark Souls 2 since a remastered version is available.

For you and other talking about games you want to see, if you actually go to the page there, there is a link to submit your request for other games

Back