JetPack Aviation JB-9 Video

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I was hoping it’d be more like the jetpack from The Rocketeer, but I guess this is still pretty cool. There’s another video on the channel where the guy tests it around the Statue of Liberty.

So how does this one differ from others in the past? Still limited to about 90 seconds of flight time?

One thing which I don't know if I caught wrong, was flame shooting out initially? Or was I miss seeing that, I think most opt for hydrogen peroxide based ones so they don't burn their legs/ground :D

Okay combine this with the fixed wing human jet plane linked a day or two ago, then we have something. VTOL and the economy of a lift wing during flight.
That is the dream :)

I don't know about max flight endurance on this one, but their website claims they are working on the Model 10 with a flight time of 10+ minutes, a max speed of 100 MPH, and a max altitude of 10,000 feet. I could easily get to work (and maybe even back home) on that.

Sure would be fun buzzing along the freeway at about 500 ft and waving to the gawkers as I go.

Back