AMD Catalyst 15.11 Beta Drivers

bit late to the party, they were posted yesterday afternoon.

lol

I'm a bit amused that you need driver improvements on a game engine that's (at it's core) 10 years old.

[79824] Call of Duty : Black Ops III - Flickering may be observed when running the game in DirectX® 11 mode and with AMD Crossfire™ enabled
Why has this been happening so consistently? When I had 290X CF I had the same problem in Evolve and The Witcher too.

I guess the driver and the video card doesn't matter. The game just runs like garbage. Huzzah for bad PC ports! Oh well, I am over COD anyway.

Why has this been happening so consistently? When I had 290X CF I had the same problem in Evolve and The Witcher too.

That's why I keep looking at getting 2 or 3 more R9 290's and leave them right on the store shelf. Nvidia's SLi is even worse because it doesn't even scale and flickers also. Both companies need a swift kick in the pants.

Of course the developers of games are the Alpha and the Omega of it all. For the life of me I can't figure out how AMD and Nvidia can create a driver package for them that rarely gets updated, but the developers of games keep messing up their code so that the hardware partners have to fix the mess. What happened to taking pride in your work?

/sigh

But at this point it is all fixed in all of the new API. Maybe that is why they are not working that hard on it anymore..

Old style Crossfire and SLI are dead ....

its not really amd and nvidia fault.

the game has to be able to support multi-gpu, if n ot they have find workarounds.

The devs target the largest audience.

that is NOT multi-gpu.

It an after-thought for them.

its not really amd and nvidia fault.

the game has to be able to support multi-gpu, if n ot they have find workarounds.

The devs target the largest audience.

that is NOT multi-gpu.

It an after-thought for them.

I agree with you 100%. And that is exactly why I'm NOT interested in VR. I know that the developers of VR games will try and have them working with mGPU setups. It's the fact that they will only work correctly in those scenarios that I'm not interested. Why would I spend 2x or 3x or 4x the money on GPUs for a couple of titles?

The VR industry is going to be stillborn before it even hatches unless more games become DX12 compliant and have working mGPU code paths at launch. You already have to purchase a headset that won't be used for but a few titles.

I agree with you 100%. And that is exactly why I'm NOT interested in VR. I know that the developers of VR games will try and have them working with mGPU setups. It's the fact that they will only work correctly in those scenarios that I'm not interested. Why would I spend 2x or 3x or 4x the money on GPUs for a couple of titles?

The VR industry is going to be stillborn before it even hatches unless more games become DX12 compliant and have working mGPU code paths at launch. You already have to purchase a headset that won't be used for but a few titles.

^This.

I don't really want to be forced to run mGPU, honestly.

VR actually works much better with mGPU because each GPU can target a different eye.

WTF. . . Loaded these drivers and my DP monitor blink on and off every 5 seconds or so :(. Dell U3415W 3440x1440. Had similar issues but not this severe. Anyways this is a multistream capable monitor with DP1.2. I was about ready to go to DP1a to turn this off to see if this makes a difference but first tried loading Dell Display Manager software which now I have another app running. Irritating since it changes the schemes of things running so clicking on different applications can cause the monitor to dim, get brighter etc. I can adjust that though but it is working - no more blinking on and off. F. . . ing Dell.

Back