NVIDIA Announces Financial Results for Third Quarter Fiscal 2016

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA today reported record revenue for the third quarter ended October 25, 2015, of $1.305 billion, up 7 percent from $1.225 billion a year earlier, and up 13 percent from $1.153 billion in the previous quarter. GAAP earnings per diluted share for the quarter were $0.44, up 42 percent from $0.31 a year earlier and up from $0.05 in the previous quarter. Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share were $0.46, up 18 percent from $0.39 a year earlier, and up 35 percent from $0.34 in the previous quarter.

another quarter, another billion...

And things will probably get better with pascal.

I wonder is nvidia will finally quit the tablet business, like they did with smartphones.

another quarter, another billion...

And things will probably get better with pascal.

I wonder is nvidia will finally quit the tablet business, like they did with smartphones.

Not likely as long as people keep using the Tegra's. The X1 is being used in the Google Pixel C, which if successful against the Surface, will give NV another reason to keep marketing the X1's towards tablets.

"NVIDIA Announces Financial Results for Third Quarter Fiscal 2016"?

The future is now!

Fiscal year, so it doesn't have to follow a strict calender-year as its basis. ;)

And right below that was the press release about Western Digital's 2nd fiscal quarter of 2016 financials--so arbitrary! I can understand a one-quarter displacement, or even two. I wonder what the motivation is for moving it almost a year into the future.

Right, I can understand first quarter fiscal year for 2016, but not third.

The year in the fiscal year is defined as the day when the year ends ... since NVidia doesn't end at the beginning of a calendar month their final quarter will end in january 2016 (hence Fiscal 2016) ... it will be more interesting when they report earnings in May for Q1 Fiscal 2017

The year in the fiscal year is defined as the day when the year ends ... since NVidia doesn't end at the beginning of a calendar month their final quarter will end in january 2016 (hence Fiscal 2016) ... it will be more interesting when they report earnings in May for Q1 Fiscal 2017

Oh, gotcha.

Not likely as long as people keep using the Tegra's. The X1 is being used in the Google Pixel C, which if successful against the Surface, will give NV another reason to keep marketing the X1's towards tablets.

I don't know why the pixel C has the X1. Android gaming is limited as it is, in chrome is non existant.

Back