Fallout 4 Launch Trailer

Trailer has me hyped. I'm looking forward to this, and will be my first day 1 purchase since Skyrim.

lookin' pretty good.

excited to see the hardware-tessellation character deformation in action.:D

This should be one of those quotes you see flash up on screens at the end of many game trailers from websites or reviewers lol.

Looks like the non-VATS shooting is improved? If so, think I'll give Fallout another shot.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!! :cool:

Seriously, this looks amazing. The tweaks to combat and the skill/SPECIAL system overhaul all seem fantastic so far. I can't wait to dive into this.

Yes, gunplay completely overhauled with help from the id team. Gunplay like a real FPS now.

See, I didn't actually know this, and when I saw the videos getting linked here today, I thought "Wow, they really worked on the combat!! I wonder if they leveraged id since they're an affiliated company." I even said this to my co-worker. Then I came back here to have it confirmed. Nice!

I'm excited for the game, but time has shown to never buy a Bethesda game before the first bug patch or two... so as eager as I am to play it, i'll be waiting.

Yes, gunplay completely overhauled with help from the id team. Gunplay like a real FPS now.
Waaaaait wait wait wait. Can you please elaborate? If there is one thing id has gotten right, particularly in RAGE, it was gunplay. If this is true, I'm actually genuinely excited for the game. Not that I wasn't already in some way, but this would sell me.

Waaaaait wait wait wait. Can you please elaborate? If there is one thing id has gotten right, particularly in RAGE, it was gunplay. If this is true, I'm actually genuinely excited for the game. Not that I wasn't already in some way, but this would sell me.

Not much of an elaboration, but: http://wccftech.com/bethesda-asked-sister-company-id-software-fallout-4/

There are other sites with articles about this, but I couldn't get to them through the filter here.

Yeah, that made this game go from an "Ok, I'll pick up FO4 sometime this season" to a "Will grab over the weekend" game.

Dadgumnit....I.Can't.Stop.Pressing.Replay. Not that that is a bad thing... :D

Completely stoked about the improved gun-play since I don't use V.A.T.S. Won't be using fast-travel either because I want to experience full immersion of the game. At least until my alarm goes off telling me to stop playing and get back to real world life. :p

wow.. that was a good trailer.. I'm really wanting to play this game now ...

Just hope people don't get screwed over after all the preorders.

I feel the gameplay and feel of destiny is amazing, it's the content that is missing. Maybe fallout could inspire destiny to make a story?
One thing Fallout has always gotten right is making you feel like you're living in a real world as opposed to going from fetch quest to fetch quest.

Running around shooting at things is great, up to a point, and Destiny reaches that point early.

To add, I see something that doesn't look right in the trailer.

The woman who says, "I have a question, the only question that matters. Would you risk your life for your fellow man? Even if that man is a Synth?"

It could be the lighting or some other affect but there is a shadow streak across her neck and she seems to be deformed. Could be there is a window between her and the Antagonist which is causing this.

Not much of an elaboration, but: http://wccftech.com/bethesda-asked-sister-company-id-software-fallout-4/

There are other sites with articles about this, but I couldn't get to them through the filter here.
Looks promising, thanks for the link!

Just hope people don't get screwed over after all the preorders.
Even as a VERY jaded person, in this case I can't imagine it. I mean, given history, there WILL be bugs, and many of them, but they'll smooth it out. This is a very costly and highly anticipated launch by a very major studio, this isn't going to fizzle out or anything.

To add, I see something that doesn't look right in the trailer.

The woman who says, "I have a question, the only question that matters. Would you risk your life for your fellow man? Even if that man is a Synth?"

It could be the lighting or some other affect but there is a shadow streak across her neck and she seems to be deformed. Could be there is a window between her and the Antagonist which is causing this.

I think the streak below her head is lens flare. However, her facial textures look fairly low-res which is a bit disappointing. But I have seen some other faces that looked better so maybe it's just inconsistent?

Jizzed a little. But in the same token, the trailer was so contrived and trite. I'm an old schooler and it takes a lot to impress me. Proof will be in the pudding.

Can't wait for this one. My only concern is that the trailers seem to show a very "serious" tone. Obviously the setting is grim, but I hope they haven't abandoned the dark humor that was so pervasive in the other games.

Not pre-ordering. Will buy it, but waiting for reviews and verification it does not need 3 or 4 patches to work correctly.

Well it is a Bethesda game, so we all know what we are getting and most likely will have bugs that require patches after launch.

I'm well aware that Bethesda has had a history of releasing games with bugs, but based on the scale of their games, I think it's fairly unavoidable. I'm fairly certain they don't see a game-breaking bug, and say "screw it". (I know some companies would do that though...) I also think they're a bit better at building worlds than building the engines that they run on. However, I have to say that I had absolutely ZERO issues with Skyrim from the moment I installed it through the length of time that I played it. Nothing. It ran fast and smoothly, no obvious graphical issues, no crashes, nothing. Maybe there were some flaws that I never came across, but overall it was the best Bethesda experience I've had. (with the usual set of "they could have improved this or thats" Hopefully FO4 will be a progression of that, and be even better than Skyrim. I guess we'll see, but I really can't imagine loading it up, and not being able to play it. So, I'll be grabbing it before release. (I'd like to have it all loaded up ahead of time.)

I feel the gameplay and feel of destiny is amazing, it's the content that is missing. Maybe fallout could inspire destiny to make a story?

Indeed. If F4 draws inspirations from the rock-solid, fluid gunplay in Destiny that's a good thing. It's just dead-on, regardless of the weak narrative.

Just bit. GMG 20% off was too tempting and easy.

I don't know...wouldn't he/she be called an Antagonist after killing a mutant, flame-throwing ant? :p :D

But, yeah you are right. It is Protagonist.

Don't you mean "Protagonist"?

Dadgumnit....I.Can't.Stop.Pressing.Replay. Not that that is a bad thing... :D

Completely stoked about the improved gun-play since I don't use V.A.T.S. Won't be using fast-travel either because I want to experience full immersion of the game. At least until my alarm goes off telling me to stop playing and get back to real world life. :p

Still looks like crap, but a whole lot better than NV. I have to say that was one of the worst trailers I've seen in a while. Although it gets the feel of the game down - shoddy, lots of stuff to do but nothing is really excellent or great. Just a whole lot of stuff. :p

Also seems to be taking more of a serious tone. FO3 packed in a lot of really dumb humor that rarely was funny, NV was more neutral. This may or may not be good. Crappy story/quests that try too hard to be "dark" or gritty just end up being really lame.

I'm still looking forward to the game though. Never did visit all locations and play all possible endings in NV. The gameplay is just atrocious to pick up these days. After ~90 hours of FO3 and over 100 in NV then constant flipping in and out of the Pipboy just gets old. I've been trying to finish the last DLC and do more quests but can't stand it for over 30-40 minutes anymore. :( FO3/NV have not aged well.

Back