NVIDIA: Get Ready For New Games And A Shot at $100k In Prizes

HardOCP News

[H] News
The folks at NVIDIA want you to know that, not only are they stepping up their Game Ready driver support this holiday season, they are also offering over $100,000 in prizes to registered GeForce Experience users as well. Hit the link for all the details.

The holiday gaming feast begins Friday with the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops III. This kicks off the November-December gaming deluge. GeForce gamers will be Game Ready with today’s release of our latest Game Ready Driver for Call of Duty: Black Ops III. NVIDIA is taking it a step further and committing to GeForce gamers that we will deliver Game Ready driver support on or before launch day for the top titles this holiday season. Game Ready isn’t just a catchphrase at NVIDIA. It’s our promise to gamers that GeForce will provide the best possible experience at launch for your game.

We’re now offering over $100,000 in prizes to registered GeForce Experience users. Prizes include three of this year’s hottest titles, Assassin’s Creed Syndicate , Call of Duty: Black Ops III and a third title we can’t tell you about yet (but it’s awesome). Plus, we’re giving away GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 950-based graphics cards and SHIELD Android TV boxes.

They should give people something to compensate for the Arkham Knight bundled game fiasco.

Don't want to install our spyware? Too bad you won't get the latest drivers.
Still don't want to install our bloatware? Too bad you'll be missing out on over $100,000 in prizes!

Why does nv need to commit to anything, it should be a given they will release bug free optimized drivers and profiles on any game release day. And give us a choice about gfe.

LOL, must have had a bunch of people uninstalling GFE after the news of the requirement of having to register to download new drivers in protest. :) Don't give in everyone should uninstall GFE now :D

so 2 WHQL driver releases within 4 days of each other?...one on Friday for Black Ops 3 and another on Tuesday for Fallout 4?

I got screwed out of MGS when I bought my 980 Ti because of a problem with THEIR SYSTEM (charged my account, order status froze at processing, called after 3-4 days, then they had to manually force it through). Card arrived with no key code, so I contacted them and they replied that since I missed the promo by a couple days, they weren't giving out any more. :mad:

Love my 980 Ti...hate that I got fucked out of an NVidia freebie not of my fault.

Hopefully those that are selected to be winners in this upcoming giveaway promo don't get screwed over.

I got screwed out of MGS when I bought my 980 Ti because of a problem with THEIR SYSTEM (charged my account, order status froze at processing, called after 3-4 days, then they had to manually force it through). Card arrived with no key code, so I contacted them and they replied that since I missed the promo by a couple days, they weren't giving out any more. :mad:

Love my 980 Ti...hate that I got fucked out of an NVidia freebie not of my fault.

Hopefully those that are selected to be winners in this upcoming giveaway promo don't get screwed over.

It's posts like these that show how important training is in customer relations management. A meager $20 (or whatever they get charged for the key) could have turned a negative into a positive. And the negative experiences tend to be more vocal.

It's posts like these that show how important training is in customer relations management. A meager $20 (or whatever they get charged for the key) could have turned a negative into a positive. And the negative experiences tend to be more vocal.

Nope! Fuck him! We're Nvidia! What are you going to do switch to AMD? HAHAHAHA!

</sarcasm>

Nope! Fuck him! We're nVidia! What are you going to do, switch to AMD? HAHAHAHA!

</sarcasm>

It wasn't nVidia's fault...direct purchase from one of their ABP's. See sig for details.

Still don't want to install our bloatware? Too bad you'll be missing out on over $100,000 in prizes!

Huh? Downloading the latest drivers doesn't require GFE.

Last edited:
Well I guess bribing always works if you can't get someone to do something of their own accord.

Zarathustra[H];1041950395 said:
They should give people something to compensate for the Arkham Knight bundled game fiasco.

fiasco as in the bundling or the game itself?

If it's the game, I think PYP was a bigger fiasco.

so everything is now about installing and registering with GeForce Experience??...I'm shocked Nvidia hasn't just gone all in and made GFE a mandatory part of the driver install

It wasn't nVidia's fault...direct purchase from one of their ABP's. See sig for details.

I'm honestly surprised that eVGA wouldn't honor something like that. My experience with them is that they will bend over backward to help a customer out. They even sent me an extra code once because I had bought two cards to use in an SLI setup and the vendor I bought them from decided I was only due one (which was probably the case, I never read the fine print).

I'm honestly surprised that eVGA wouldn't honor something like that. My experience with them is that they will bend over backward to help a customer out. They even sent me an extra code once because I had bought two cards to use in an SLI setup and the vendor I bought them from decided I was only due one (which was probably the case, I never read the fine print).

After reading everything positive about them for years now, that's why I chose to deal with them directly...my first journey dealing with them in a direct manner and my first eVGA product since my 7800GT CO SLI (bought one from Monarch and one Newegg, and never had to deal with eVGA directly because they were problem free. Been exclusively MSI and ASUS video cards since). Worse PC component purchase experience ever. Frustrating, angering, and disappointing...especially for someone that paid $700 + shipping for ONE of their products.

After their "tough shit" response, I seriously considered returning it and buying it from Newegg or Amazon...wouldn't have done me any good though since the promo had just expired (MGS still being given away from every authorized retailer when I placed my order) and I wouldn't have gotten a game code from any retailer anyway.

Last edited:
I've just uninstalled geforce experience from my rog laptop. I wanted to install the newest driver, so I clicked on it. Then it said updating gfe, after 30 seconds I had anough, killed the task from task manager, uninstalled gfe, and then downloaded the newest driver manually from the website in 10 seconds.

I've just uninstalled geforce experience from my rog laptop. I wanted to install the newest driver, so I clicked on it. Then it said updating gfe, after 30 seconds I had anough, killed the task from task manager, uninstalled gfe, and then downloaded the newest driver manually from the website in 10 seconds.

That's pretty much my experience with the GeForce Experience updater. It's just not great software, takes ages to open on a SSD as well.

Why do so many people have a problem with GFE? I love it. ShadowPlay is the best screen recorder out there and it actually works and is easy to use. I have tried many other programs and they are either overly complicated or they just don't work. I use ShadowPlay all the time to record video streams on my favorite adult cam site.

And how is GFE's update process any different from Steam, Chrome or other modern applications?

Why do so many people have a problem with GFE? I love it. ShadowPlay is the best screen recorder out there and it actually works and is easy to use. I have tried many other programs and they are either overly complicated or they just don't work. I use ShadowPlay all the time to record video streams on my favorite adult cam site.

Maybe because we have no use for a screen recorder utility.

Because GFE is garbage half the time and NCP just works.

NCP is pretty garbage too. It takes a long time to open even on a SSD drive and its layout is barely acceptable at best. It has way too many non-resizable boxes and lots of things could be combined into a single panel. I really hope Nvidia ditches it soon and writes something better.

Back