Google Is Not Opening A Real-Life Store After All

HardOCP News

[H] News
This is a bummer. I was looking forward to being able to go into a retail store and search for stuff. Get it? Search for stuff in a Google store? ;)

Sorry to disappoint you, tech fans, but you will not be able to visit New York City and go on a strange technology tour by visiting flagship stores from Apple, Google, and Microsoft. While Google was reportedly planning to open its first store, even leasing and renovating a space in Manhattan, they seem to have changed their minds.

heck.. the only physical store i visit much anymore is the grocery store

Yeah, for like IKEA stores, if you have to shop there you're better off just giving someone a few dollars to do your shopping for you after you check out what you want online. There's no reason to do in-person shopping when someone else can do it for you.

As for Google...they prolly couldn't figure out how to mine something of value from customers while they're shopping that they don't already know by listening in via an Android phone mic, watching GPS, and occasionally peeking through the camera. :D

As for Google...they prolly couldn't figure out how to mine something of value from customers while they're shopping that they don't already know by listening in via an Android phone mic, watching GPS, and occasionally peeking through the camera. :D

My crazy parents have stickers covering the cameras on their tablets, phones, laptops because they heard people can spy on them. smh

That is why I have a sound proof padded box that I keep I keep inside of a larger sound proof box to keep my phone in.

So wait, does that mean that you're Darunion's parent(s)? :eek: Crap, we are in SO. MUCH. TROUBLE. for taking about you guys bedroom antics on the Internet. I'm gonna be grounded for like the rest of my life.

well this is awkward.....

You're not my real dad! (runs to room).

and just to be sure I am still on topic: I am glad there is no google stores.

What would they sell? A wall of gift cards or codes for use in the app store?

So wait, does that mean that you're Darunion's parent(s)? :eek: Crap, we are in SO. MUCH. TROUBLE. for taking about you guys bedroom antics on the Internet. I'm gonna be grounded for like the rest of my life.

no just talking about how I deal with people listening to me through my mic when I am not on the phone.

Although you probably should be grounded never the less. I am pretty sure you did something worth being grounded for.

If there was a store would people actually want to go in? How is this any different than going to a place like best buy or something like that to check out their chromebooks and other products?

no just talking about how I deal with people listening to me through my mic when I am not on the phone.

Although you probably should be grounded never the less. I am pretty sure you did something worth being grounded for.

What? No! I've been totally awesome this year and anything that I did do wrong is stuff that Santa Claus isn't collecting metrics on so I'm pretty sure I'll get just as many prezzies as all the nuns at the local convent which should make me ungroundable.

Back