Apple iOS 9.1 Problem Causes Serious Alarm

HardOCP News

[H] News
This Apple iOS 9.1 problem causes serious alarm! Get it? Because it turns your alarm off while you sleep. ;)

Users are reporting that iOS 9.1 is shutting off their alarms. The result being an outpouring of anger on social media as people are late to work, missing appointments and even flights. Perhaps the most high profile tweet comes from the Pixies’ guitarist Joey Santiago.

This Apple iOS 9.1 problem causes serious alarm! Get it? Because it turns your alarm off while you sleep. ;)

Users are reporting that iOS 9.1 is shutting off their alarms. The result being an outpouring of anger on social media as people are late to work, missing appointments and even flights. Perhaps the most high profile tweet comes from the Pixies’ guitarist Joey Santiago.

How has Apple not gotten this right yet? They always seem to have issues with alarms not working right on the phone.

Would never affect me... I never needed an alarm to wake me up. I'm one of those person who when I go to sleep with the knowledge that I have to get up at a set time in the morning, I automatically wake up 5 minutes before that time. I've never been late in my life.

Would never affect me... I never needed an alarm to wake me up. I'm one of those person who when I go to sleep with the knowledge that I have to get up at a set time in the morning, I automatically wake up 5 minutes before that time. I've never been late in my life.

Must be nice - the rest of us require an alarm. I'd be upset if this happened to me. Thankfully it has not yet happened, and I hope it stays that way...

Both mine & my wifes phones alarms work perfectly after the upgrade. This is the first I have heard about the "bug" so cannot be that widespread.

I sleep with an alarm set for 6:00, 6:30, 7:00, 7:15, 7:30, 7:45.

I wake up at 7:55 and leave my house by 8:05 to be at work on time.

This bug only happens when you have your phone set to install the update overnight. It happens once. They're making a big deal out of nothing. Yes, it's a bug, but it will impact people once. And really, if alarms are that necessary for some folks, I'd think they could take two seconds and check to verify that they're enabled.

I haven't had an issue with that yet. However, I did have a problem prior to the update with their "wallet/passport" app being zoomed in 1.5x. It's now fixed.

Yeah...

If I don't have an alarm and just go to sleep. I wake up at 4pm.

Just goes to how how you should ALWAYS delay upgrades to the latest software revisions of anything not security related.

Let someone else get hit by the inevitable bugs, and upgrade a few months later :p

Yawn. Apple needs to focus on the alarm bug - it's not the first time they've done this.
Still, it is being blown out of proportion.

I haven't heard my alarm in years. Even when I set it to an earlier time, I wake up 15-30 minutes before it goes off and just get up. Work days, I'm up before the alarm every day.

I do notice that my sleep is better towards the end of a vacation when I don't have to get up at any set time for a week. I can sleep in. So, I have better sleep. The anticipation of having to wake up screws up my sleep.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.
The iPhone disabled the alarm because it decided you needed more sleep.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.
The iPhone disabled the alarm because it decided you needed more sleep.

Incoming Microsoft lawsuit. That's Microsoft's thing. Features, not bugs. Apple has "You're doing it wrong.".

I sleep with an alarm set for 6:00, 6:30, 7:00, 7:15, 7:30, 7:45.

I wake up at 7:55 and leave my house by 8:05 to be at work on time.

Epic. I'm the exact same way but with different times. I can't seem to wake up in the morning.

Do you have the urge to yell in the morning? Do you often try to hit a reflection of you? Are you by chance a rooster?

Same I go to bed the same time every night wake up same time every morning no need for alarms.

My biggest problem with iOS alarms is that they stop making the alarm noise after a few minutes. Who the fuck designs shit like that? I want it to ring until I wake up and smack some buttons, not turn itself off.

Since I work from home I rarely use an alarm unless I have to be awake at a certain time. I've never had any issues with the iphone alarm other than it scares the crap out of me sometimes when it goes off.

Ha, my "snooze" feature hasn't been working for about a year on my phone. I upgraded to 9.1 and suddenly snooze works perfect again.

Back