MIT Develops Wireless X-Ray Vision

Wow! It's like the wall is invisible! It's so sharp, you need annotations on the image to tell you what you're looking at! :eek:

I think the article should be titled, desperate MIT students come up with a project to pass graduation.

The Navy has ground penetrating radar that can see right into your house from above.

The Navy has ground penetrating radar that can see right into your house from above.

The Navy? You'd think that'd be more in the wheelhouse of the Air Force. As far as I remember, I've never had a USN carrier group above my house.

Wasn't there something like this a few years back. I could swear there was.

There was. It was some MiT innovation or w/e. Im pretty sure you linked to it on this site. Basically the rubdown was, utilizing the wifi signal located within a home, a swat force can detect where a person may be by monitoring differences in signal strength. Basically they had some snazzy algorithm that was able to differentiate between when a wifi signal was hitting a human body or not. The human body being mostly water and all is going to reflect a wifi signal much differently than a constructed wall. I think it was a tinfoil hat moment for some.

Seems like they just upped the strength on it.

Navy has airplanes. They can fly over your house.

I know, right? He said "Carrier group," and I'm like, umm, what do carriers carry? Do they somehow drop the whole ship on a target, or do they launch those little things on the deck with wings?

Excuse me, back to my solitaire... :D

Is this the new humane method of weapons being deployed to Afghanistan? Slowly killing em with cancer. :p

Back