Halo 5 Is Artificially Unintelligent

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apparently not everyone loves Halo 5. This guy has some valid points but don't most people these days just play Halo for the multiplayer (ala Cod, Battlefield)? Personally, I am a campaign mode guy myself, what about you?

Halo 5: Guardians is not the Halo you remember. It's a different kind of game altogether, something that more closely resembles a modern first-person shooter that focuses on multiplayer rather than a strong solo experience. This isn't the first time that's happened, but it is the first time in 11 years that a new Halo campaign feels like a massive step backward compared to its predecessor.

Oh, so it's returned full circle to what it was before Microsoft bought Bungie and then forced the development team to remake it for the PC, abondon the strong multiplayer experience they had been building and all of us had been waiting for with great anticipation. I don't know about you guy, but I felt robbed by the ultimate IT robber barron.

I stopped listening to people's opinion about games a long time ago.

Much like movies, most "critic's" aim to try to be as articulated and hateful as possible.

I'm curious to see how the sales for Halo 5 will turn out - the campaign complaints mixed with the success that Destiny seems to be gaining since TTK - might hurt the bottom line of this series.

And if it's sales are being limited on the Xbone platform, perhaps we will see that PC port.

I wonder if it'd be a good idea for MS to spin the game into two series - one that's focused on multiplayer (ala CoD or even Destiny's Crucible), with microtransactions, and regular content updates and another that's focused on a grandscale singler player/co-op campaign.

I stopped listening to people's opinion about games a long time ago.

Much like movies, most "critic's" aim to try to be as articulated and hateful as possible.

Yes! Because if he wrote an article saying what everyone else is saying he wouldn't get clicks. When you go against the crowd you will get clicks and comments. Its like any article about whatever popular well rated movie is currently out and they trash talk the entire thing. It isn't as much of a critique as it is just looking for things wrong to talk about.

Not a fan of no split-screen since I can't play it with my kid like we have every Halo since 3, but I finished it yesterday for the campaign and it was pretty decent. Be better once they patch Forge in. My kid was raging since that's his go-to thing to do when he gets mad at the campaign....

I haven't beat the game yet but so far I'm loving it. To me it still feels like Halo but with some new game play addition to keep it fresher. I didn't read the article since it contains spoilers but if they made Halo 5 exactly the same as the others then people would complain about it being the same and not different enough. You can't please everyone when making a sequel.

Also, I still play Halo and every FPS for the campaign mode mainly.

Well, the PC Master Race isn't missing out much with Halo 5. The PC Master Race will allow the Xbox One to continue to fail.

*creatively bankrupt. So far I do not feel incorrect on that assumption. I don't know what happened since halo2 but the intelligence of the ai has actually decreased. Destiny feels the same way. Maybe it's time to just quit.

Wasn't a women in charge of this debacle? The article I read was about how she was going to save the franchise. So much for that.

Halo died when Bungie stopped making it. The soul is gone. 343i's releases are just knockoffs.

Halo died when Bungie stopped making it. The soul is gone. 343i's releases are just knockoffs.

I honesty can't remember anything about 4 except most of the weapons sucked and there were too many of them. Also Cortana being batshit.

However, to say Halo is dead might be premature. Foward Unto Dawn was a fantastic little miniseries in my opinion. I could easily go for more of that. Uhhh and the less said about Nightfall the better.

*creatively bankrupt. So far I do not feel incorrect on that assumption. I don't know what happened since halo2 but the intelligence of the ai has actually decreased. Destiny feels the same way. Maybe it's time to just quit.

You are aware you are talking about different companies correct? Might as well compare Mario to Mortal Kombat and say that Nintendo should stop making games since Mortal Kombat feels kind of blah the last few releases.

I honesty can't remember anything about 4 except most of the weapons sucked and there were too many of them. Also Cortana being batshit.

However, to say Halo is dead might be premature. Foward Unto Dawn was a fantastic little miniseries in my opinion. I could easily go for more of that. Uhhh and the less said about Nightfall the better.

In that case you must not really pay much attention to anything then. One thing I will say that 343 has done is given us much more story rich experiences. I just played through all the game again as part of the Master Chief collection when that came out. And yet the storyline of 4 is the one that stands out the most, second to Halo 2.

Having completed the game on normal. I will agree with a few points he made, but overall sounds like a little bitch. I didn't find the squad to be that horrible, the revival system was nice to not always have death make me have to go back to a checkpoint but be able to have a squad member bring me back. Which they did 95% of the time as long as I didn't run away from them and get somewhere that the AI couldn't figure out how to quickly get a path up to. Yes the squad change was different, but I didn't find it to be that horrible of a change. You have had AI running with you before, so that isn't much different only change is that you now have 3 that are with you at all times and can keep you alive. I don't care about the loss of split screen, but then again I never played it. And for those wanting to see this make it to pc, pc games don't do split screens so that is making it on par with the rest of them. People seem to only care about visuals, this is what you get when you cry about wanting everything to be visual pleasing and saying you care about that over game play. Overall I didn't find Halo 5 to be bad. I was disappointed in how the story didn't line up with what they have been advertising for the past year. But liked the direction they went for the new bad guy, and how the story progressed through the game building off the events of 4 very nicely.

"Rich story experiences" = "cinematic 'gameplay'" = useless cutscenes, forced drama, and quicktime events.

Hell, no. I've been a strong fan of Halo since CE. I was burned by the mess that was Halo 4's "campaign." 343i is catering to the loudest noises, and to me, that's the downfall of any franchise.

Oh, so it's returned full circle to what it was before Microsoft bought Bungie and then forced the development team to remake it for the PC
To be fair, according to Bungie themselves, the original Mac version they "sold" to Microsoft was all smoke and mirrors.

Oh, are you talking about the console game they developed years later?

With all this cpu/gpu power we still cannot get realistic AI?
I've always said that the 3D accelerator was the death of real computer games, now its only about the graphics, then MMO/MOO came along and made it worse. :mad:

"Rich story experiences" = "cinematic 'gameplay'" = useless cutscenes, forced drama, and quicktime events.

Hell, no. I've been a strong fan of Halo since CE. I was burned by the mess that was Halo 4's "campaign." 343i is catering to the loudest noises, and to me, that's the downfall of any franchise.

Halo 2 had around an hour worth of cut scenes. So cut scenes are nothing new.

My point though was in regards to the person saying that he didn't remember a single part of the story. I didn't really care much for gameplay in Halo 4, felt that was fixed in 5.

My point was that story wise you had much more so if you felt that Halo CE had a nice full story and you could remember every event of every mission, remember exactly what happen at every point of the story but then say that Halo 4 had no story or a story that was so weak that you couldn't remember a single thing that happen, who the enemies were, who the villain was... then you obviously weren't paying attention to anything as there was much more to that story (even if played out through cutscenes) than many of the previous games.

Back