Wal-Mart Seeks To Test Drones

HardOCP News

[H] News
You know drones have gone mainstream when Walmart starts using them. Maybe they'll deliver beer by drone. :D

Wal-Mart Stores Inc applied Monday to U.S. regulators for permission to test drones for home delivery, curbside pickup and checking warehouse inventories, a sign it plans to go head-to-head with Amazon in using drones to fill and deliver online orders.

Shocked they aren't replacing the workforce in stores with them...

They already did like in the 1990s, but no one really noticed after the stopped coating them with rubber, which was too easy to spot. Using vat-grown flesh and in later generations, liquid metal, they're now indistinguishable from human Wal-Mart employees.

Wish they would in the store I go to. Mgmt was stupid enough to hire bangers from two rival gangs and a frickin brawl broke out in the store one time while I was shopping there.

Wish they would in the store I go to. Mgmt was stupid enough to hire bangers from two rival gangs and a frickin brawl broke out in the store one time while I was shopping there.

Where do you live? I want to visit this place.

I can see it now, instead of throwing up gang signs for 'Wess Syee" and "East Syee", it'll be "Sporting gOOds!", "Kids ClOOthes"!

Heck, they shut down the automated checkout line the other day (for cleaning) and my wait to get out was 30minutes. So I'd welcome more automation, I haven't stood in a line for more than 5minutes in many moons.

Heck, they shut down the automated checkout line the other day (for cleaning) and my wait to get out was 30minutes. So I'd welcome more automation, I haven't stood in a line for more than 5minutes in many moons.

Yep, I had to go to Walmart at 10pm to get a plunger, and they only had three registers open with about 10 people in each line. The woman two people ahead in my line paid for an entire cart of stuff with ones... The cashier told me that another time, someone paid all in pennies...

If they didn't have the machines they might have actually hired enough cashiers to handle their customers.

I would of just left and come back another time. I haven't used a non automated checkout in years. I can usually scan and bag faster than the useless things they hire. They just need to get 30 isles of automated and one cashier for the old bags that can't figure out how to press the big start button. They also need to just hurry up and ban checks, small change and small bills for that matter. If you want to pay with that shit, go by the bank or the coinstar first. I don't want my time wasted cause it was time to empty the ashtray.

I would of just left and come back another time. I haven't used a non automated checkout in years. I can usually scan and bag faster than the useless things they hire. They just need to get 30 isles of automated and one cashier for the old bags that can't figure out how to press the big start button. They also need to just hurry up and ban checks, small change and small bills for that matter. If you want to pay with that shit, go by the bank or the coinstar first. I don't want my time wasted cause it was time to empty the ashtray.

Every day I read about some new credit / debit card hack and stolen data. You may be upset with those people using cash, but more and more of us are going back to that mode of payment. If it costs less than $50, then it's a good bet I'm paying with cash.

when Walmart uses them to stock shelves, or run registers, then we know Skynet is getting too powerful.

Back