Asus Strix 980 Ti - is this reason to RMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martino23

n00b
Hello. I have a problem with my card Asus Strix 980 Ti. Card overall working good , without crashes, no artifacts. Also one problem i have.
On fan speed 44% ( from 1200 rpm to 1350 rpm ) i have a very small rattle noise. I must close my ear to card to hear this. Above or before that speed all is quiet. I dont know what to do now. thx for help. Better to rma card ?

This is my last topic, so i want your opinion. Also i made few days ago topic here, but it was closed and i dont mention all.

But still i cant find an a recomendation to what to do . Holding me from RMA is that card is stable without artifacts. But that small rattle from 1200-1300rpm i am thinking about rma.

ok sorry for another topic i will read this. Also Asus will accept RMA because of this reason?

Last edited:
You have two choices:
1. RMA it
2. Deal with the noise and hope it doesn't become worse, which will lead to an RMA anyway

Both options provide a definitive answer to you question, no matter how many threads you open on numerous forums and repeatedly ask that question over and over again.

There's help awaiting.

Ok hope noise will be not become worse:) Its very tiny rattle from 1200-1300 rpm, even hard to hear. Anyway thx for help and replies. I will think about RMA>

He might be the ideal customer to deal with Asus customer support lol.
Long and protracted conversation where the same ground is constantly gone over and over.

Bets on his next answer containing the phrase "very tiny rattle from 1200-1300 rpm, even hard to hear". :D

Hey he has a small rattle, might develop into something worse down the road, never know. Do you think he should RMA it or what?

He used to make monthly "is my video card is overheating at 70C should I rma" threads across the internet. Now it's fan sounds. I dunno ...

It's always been Asus problems at that, right?

Wow that's far more extensive than I thought. Smear campaign by another brand, or just a crazy poster?

Personally I think nobody in their sanity will do that kind of troll job across the internet for free.. Certainly I was talking with a marketing/negotiations friend today and she said me companies pay for any kind of bad "reputation forces" as a way to make a market of "failures" that doesn't exist really, those people look forums in the web and post nonexistent issues to create bad reputation for an "specific" product.. and then they use those amount of internet forum and post as for example "look that company with a high failure rate on their products, better go with us as we offer better products".those are one of the "dirty tricks" more used in the internet and I think that litwicki may be one of those bad reputations guys in the internet.

Probably one of the smaller brands, like Zotac.

I dunno, Zotac is the only brand that has ever gone out of their way to help me when they didn't need to at all. I kind of like them.

Also, a few days ago Asus DIY channel put up a video about the new 980ti Matrix or whatever saying it was the best on the market.

This is not twitter..enough already.You got your answer, make another post with this topic and you will be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back