Facebook Revamps Search

HardOCP News

[H] News
Let's hope this really is an improvement. Seriously, when is the last time you searched for something on Facebook and got the correct results?

Welcome to Search FYI. With over 1.5 billion searches per day and over 2 trillion posts in our index, search is an important, long-term effort at Facebook. The team’s goal with Search FYI is to share our progress more frequently.

It generally works if you're searching for a friend's page. What else would I search for? It's FB. I guess it'd be nice if you could search for people by area (something they once had), but that's really only good if you're searching for some old Highschool friend that you haven't talked to since highschool.

Didn't even know you could search for anything besides peoples' names until I tried it recently. Put their name in any "marathon" and it brought me the post I wanted about them running a marathon.

It generally works if you're searching for a friend's page. What else would I search for? It's FB. I guess it'd be nice if you could search for people by area (something they once had), but that's really only good if you're searching for some old Highschool friend that you haven't talked to since highschool.

I search within groups I'm part of. Like one of the car groups I'm in.

I remember a guy said exactly how to fix the problem I have my car's brakes. Let me search that. I type in "brakes" in the search and it comes back with zero results. Even though the latest post could have "brakes" within the OP's post.

Back