UK Doubles Cash Bounties For Catching Cinema Pirates

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apparently this program is (or isn't, depending on how you look at it) working so well they doubled the reward from £500 to £1000.

The Federation Against Copyright Theft has announced increased bounties for workers who prevent pirates from camming movies in UK cinemas. During a ceremony at Universal Pictures, 13 cinema staff were also handed awards after foiling attempts to record movies including Fast and Furious 7 and Minions earlier in the year.

actually i'm all for this. I hate handicam versions, the screeners are so much better....

actually i'm all for this. I hate handicam versions, the screeners are so much better....

Oscar season is coming up. I'm sure they'll be all over the place then.

Seriously, this is just studios and theater chains fighting a losing battle. I'm betting that in 20 years cinemas will be a thing of the past. Why would I go out of my way to drive to a theater and find a place to park for the privilege of being overcharged for tickets, stale popcorn and watered down drinks all to have the potential to have my movie going experience ruined by a couple of asshats a few rows in front of me? It's only a matter of time until movie studios realize they can just release their stuff direct to consumers and make just as much money and have happier customers because of it.

Why would I go out of my way to drive to a theater and find a place to park for the privilege of being overcharged for tickets, stale popcorn and watered down drinks all to have the potential to have my movie going experience ruined by a couple of asshats a few rows in front of me? It's only a matter of time until movie studios realize they can just release their stuff direct to consumers and make just as much money and have happier customers because of it.

Now days, there always seems to be a few loud, rude, annoying narcissists that ruin it for everyone else.
Doesn't mater if it's movie theaters, drones, airplanes or just trying to enjoy a quiet BBQ in the back yard.

I haven't been to a theater for years. I'd rather pop my own fresh popcorn (in coconut oil!), kick back on my recliner, and watch the movie in comfort. And if a family member interrupts, or I need a drink, I can simply pause or rewind it so I don't miss anything.

Most of those are recorded on one of these anyway....

A1sz259q2zL._SX425_.jpg

They're doing it wrong. They should go after people watching camrips. That should be considered a crime. Anyone with that low threshold for quality in their own entertainment, can commit other atrocities against humanity as well.

Back