Tesoro Excalibur Spectrum RGB Mechanical Keyboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
The review editors at Overclockers Club spent a little quality time with the Tesoro Excalibur Spectrum RGB mechanical keyboard this week. If you are keyboard shopping, give this review the once over.

Once I was used to it, I learned the benefits of having the Brown mechanical switches equipped. Tensoro has regarded this switch simply as for "the weathered soldier." With easy actuation and rebound, I found extended periods of use did not create excessive fatigue or discomfort. This alone made my experience much better than other mechanical keyboards I have used.”

Still using a very old IBM PS2 mechanical keyboard at home.
Built like a tank and will probably out last me.

No media keys, no sale.
I especially want a rolling volume control.

I'm not in the market but I do like the fact that it does not have a bunch of extra media keys on it. If I had not just upgraded about a year ago I would definitely consider this. I never use the extra buttons outside the basic keyboard keys. I thought I would use the macro functions on my current keyboard but I found that in most cases during a gaming session I can perform the action just as easily myself.

I kind of wish there were long term reviews on PC devices that you keep for well...long term. Like my Razer keyboard that has a crappy T key now. If I was good at soldering, I would have just soldered in a new switch, but well...I suck at soldering.

I have this one currently, its 4 years old and still going strong! Love the switches on it so there shouldn't be any issue with this one.

http://www.tesorotec.com/durandal-ultimate/

Btw, Media keys are there, they just require you to press the function button.

I also have a Durandal. A custom pimped-out version of it with different colored keys and different types of MX switches for different keys. It's the best feeling keyboard I've ever used. I once knocked half a can of soda over on it. My wife said I looked like I was going to cry when that happened. Haha. "Do you love that keyboard more than me?" :p

It survived and made a full recovery after scrubbing. :)

Back