Google Fiber Sending Flowers To Would Be Customers

HardOCP News

[H] News
Hey Google, I want some of that symmetrical gigabit connection goodness, you don't even have to send me flowers!

If a $70, symmetrical gigabit connection with no installation fees or caps wasn't enough temptation, a Reddit user by the name of chocomilkpudding says he was recently given flowers by the search giant in the hopes of luring him to Google Fiber.

I have symmetrical gigabit with no caps. I did pay an installation fee, it's costing me more than $70 a month and no one at Centurylink sent me flowers but it's still well worth it. The only time I've even come close to topping it out is with certain Steam downloads. I do wish I had Google's service available to me though. They seem to have a better routing scheme set up.

Place around here needs something like Google Fiber so bad, Comcrap can charge whatever they want for garbage service and nothing you can do about it.

Google Fiber keeps promising that they'll come to Portland / Beaverton eventually, but... I'll believe it when I'm drooling over speedtests.

Comcast only in my Condo complex right now, and that's getting a bit long in the teeth...

Shit, AT&T & Comcast simply sends me "official looking" letters on a weekly basis showing how awesome I can do with Uverse (up to 6Mbps!!!) and Infinity triple play package!!!

Shit, AT&T & Comcast simply sends me "official looking" letters on a weekly basis showing how awesome I can do with Uverse (up to 6Mbps!!!) and Infinity triple play package!!!

I get the letters will full speed packages, now and then I call and they tell me they don't service my area haha.

I get the letters will full speed packages, now and then I call and they tell me they don't service my area haha.

Have you complained to them that you feel insufficiently serviced by them and want them to do better next time? If you do it in a super deep lumberjack voice, I bet they'd totally be like, "Oh no! That guy probably cuts down giant redwoods by hacking at them with his bare hands! We have to be a better company!"

1.5Mb with a 100+ms ping here on the shores of Cruiser Lake. Wouldn't trade it for all pings and packets in the world.

I wonder if the flowers will come with an embedded camera and microphone setup that phones home so they can see what's going on at your dinner table. I mean, this is Google we're talking about.

Back