Prime Day Gave Amazon A Boost In Prime Memberships

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to a new report, Amazon Prime membership got a nice little boost from Prime Day. Membership is up by seven percent for a total of 47 million members in the US.

On July 15, Amazon celebrated two decades in existence with Prime Day, a global shopping event offering special deals exclusively for Prime members. During the third quarter, US Prime membership grew by 7 percent compared with 3 percent in the same quarter last year, according to a report out Tuesday from Consumer Intelligence Research Partners.

Wasn't it like a third off for prime day?

Disregarding the rest of the "sale", that might be enough of a discount to sway a few people.

Nevermind, that was advertising one of their shows. Still the same quarter, just two months later. Not a good day for me and calendars.

And they utterly failed to capitalize on the buzz that was created by "prime day."

So much so that it wouldn't surprise me to see a LOT of those memberships get canceled after their first year is up.

The sales were a joke.

The sales were a joke but if even 10% of the new people that signed up for Prime like it and decide to keep it then it was probably a win for Amazon.

I was put off by "prime day" and in addition to their latest antics that have revealed their sub-prime corporate culture I will not be renewing my annual Prime membership.

The sales were a joke but if even 10% of the new people that signed up for Prime like it and decide to keep it then it was probably a win for Amazon.

Yea. I and a few friends hit the F5 key so many times that day at work, none of us bought anything. It was more of a garage sale, and not a nice one either, you know those yards sales that look like a garage from hoarders just threw up on the yard and they put a for sale sign in front? Yea, that was how I felt about prime day...

It was more of a garage sale, and not a nice one either, you know those yards sales that look like a garage from hoarders just threw up on the yard and they put a for sale sign in front? Yea, that was how I felt about prime day...

It was worse than a garage sale. At least you can find some cheap and useful tools at a garage sale. Amazon prime day had nothing worth buying.

Yea. I and a few friends hit the F5 key so many times that day at work, none of us bought anything. It was more of a garage sale, and not a nice one either, you know those yards sales that look like a garage from hoarders just threw up on the yard and they put a for sale sign in front? Yea, that was how I felt about prime day...

That's what I thought. Just a bunch of shit that no one wants on sale. BIG SALE! Oh, a flower print book cover. Just what I was looking for....

Biggest deal was the Prime membership itself.

Back