Amazon Creating More Than 100k Holiday Jobs

HardOCP News

[H] News
Amazon is creating 100,000 holiday jobs this year, twenty thousand more than it did last year.

Amazon.com Inc said it is creating 100,000 seasonal jobs across its network of fulfillment and sortation centers in the United States to meet increased customer demand during the holiday season. Amazon has hired more than 25,000 full-time employees since August to prepare for the 2015 holiday season, the company said in a statement.

The USPS, UPS and Fedex seasonal jobs should be on the uptake as well.

Hire for the holidays then let them all go after. Typical retail.

Been there done that enough in my life. So thankful to have a 7-3:30 M-F job now.

Been there done that enough in my life. So thankful to have a 7-3:30 M-F job now.

Yeah... that's how it works. Kinda sounds like you think that they should keep them on indefinitely?

The USPS, UPS and Fedex seasonal jobs should be on the uptake as well.

And what would that help? All they could use them for is sorting.

Not like they have a huge number of extra delivery trucks laying around.

And what would that help? All they could use them for is sorting.

Not like they have a huge number of extra delivery trucks laying around.

Actually they do. They rent trucks. I've rented Uhaul/Penske/Budget trucks in the past, and UPS/Fedex have accounts with them all to rent trucks when they are short or for seasonal demand.

Actually they do. They rent trucks. I've rented Uhaul/Penske/Budget trucks in the past, and UPS/Fedex have accounts with them all to rent trucks when they are short or for seasonal demand.

Very interesting.

Not sure I would want a random moving truck pulling into my driveway during the holiday season though.

Very interesting.

Not sure I would want a random moving truck pulling into my driveway during the holiday season though.

Hey, as long they have the shit I ordered on the trucks, they're fine with me. Branding and all that shit doesn't really matter if they've got official documentation.

This is one of the dumbest things I've read. Of course they're not going to hire permanently. It makes no sense to do so. But for those without jobs, or those who need extra income through the holidays, these seasonal jobs can be a lifesaver.

Ive had many deliveries from either uhaul trucks or delivery trucks with a uhaul trailer in tow. If you own your own fedex truck/route, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I still like all the usps guys bitching about sunday delivery. I have never once seen my daily delivery guy on a sunday, its always a temp/scrub. Dont worry mr mail man, you will still only have to work 40 for that $35 an hour while the fedex guy does $13 temp work.

I'll just give Amazon a quick warning not to over hire like UPS did last holiday season. It did not end well even though it was done with the best of intentions.

Back