China Tried Hacking U.S. Firms Even After Cyber Pact

HardOCP News

[H] News
I am shocked! Shocked I tell you! Shocked that anyone is surprised by this. :D

Hackers associated with the Chinese government have tried to penetrate at least seven U.S. companies in the three weeks since Washington and Beijing agreed not to spy on each other for commercial reasons, according to a prominent U.S. security firm. CrowdStrike Inc said software it placed at five U.S. technology and two pharmaceutical companies had detected and rebuffed the attacks, which began on Sept. 26.

China of course will deny it was their government that did and we'll go dancing round and round.

Actually, the key word here is 'commercial' reasons.

Nothing about 'national security' :D

Like the U.S. isn't hacking China still as well. One is just a lot more obvious about it is all. That's either intentional ('hey, what the fuck you gonna do about it' attitude) or incompetence at hiding their tracks well.

Like the U.S. isn't hacking China still as well. One is just a lot more obvious about it is all. That's either intentional ('hey, what the fuck you gonna do about it' attitude) or incompetence at hiding their tracks well.

U.S. might actually be honest. Is there a reason to hack China for commercial reasons? Now for military on the other hand, yeah, all bets are off.

China: Number of fucks given = 0
China will do what it wants, how it wants to, when it wants to do it and will continue to do so until it is not in its national interest. China doesn't care about the rest of the world unless it is beneficial for them to do so.

This is what happens when greed overtakes good judgement. Apple keeps getting its fingers burnt with the Chinese, and IBM are handing out source code to them, and of course the Chinese won't be doing anything nefarious with that.

And I saved the best for last... The British government have contracted the Chinese to build Nuclear power stations, and have tasked GCHQ with "making sure" the Chinese won't build in backdoors or other exploits they could use against the British government or it's people. Sure they won't do such a thing, we love the Chinese, with all their money...

The Chinese are not to be trusted... at all.

Sorry if that's hard for the PC brigade to hear, but I'm not being racist, or stereotypical, history speaks for itself, as does the pure blind greed and ignorance of politicians and corporate management.

Can I get a show of hands? Who here was actually surprised that this agreement was violated before the ink was even dry?

U.S. might actually be honest. Is there a reason to hack China for commercial reasons? Now for military on the other hand, yeah, all bets are off.

Yes the reason to hack their commercial districts is to find out how much shit they steal from the US. The reason to hack their military is ironically the same, how much US technology they have stolen so they know the capabilities .

Back